❝𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐒 & 𝐁𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐒❞

4TH JANUARY 1978

4TH JANUARY 1978

· · ─────── ϟ ─────── · ·

"WHO THE FUCK GAVE ME A LOVE POTION?" Olivia shouted. "I'm going to fucking avada the son of a bitch into oblivion. Then, I'm going to get my hands on a time turner and keep fucking killing them again and again!"

"Liv, love, I don't think that's how time turners work."

Olivia sent the deadliest glare she could Sirius' way.

He held his hands up in surrender and retreated to James bed, where they were all perched upon.

"I just can't believe McGonagall actually thought one of you guys did it." Lily sighed, leaning her head against James' shoulder.

Herself, James and Remus had long since left Olivia to her rage as she paced across the boys dorm letting her anger out. Sirius had been the last one standing to try and calm her down, but now even he had given up.

"It's banned for a very good reason." James frowned, trying to think of whoever had done it.

After McGonagall had found them all in the courtyard, they were brought up to Dumbledore's office to try and sort out the mess. Professor Viotto exclaiming his love for Olivia the whole way up.

They had to wait an hour for Slughorn to brew the counter potion.

Lily had shown the headmaster the box of chocolates they had found in Viotto's office, and told him what had happened at breakfast.

Everyone agreed that they didn't know who had sent the love potion to the two. But it was upon malicious intent.

And it worked, halfway.

Oscar Viotto resigned with immediate effect. He argued that he wasn't a good teacher, if someone could easily slip him a love potion. Everyone was bound to know what had happened, regardless if they knew the truth or not. He had to leave.

He left even though the Gryffindor's begged him to stay. He was one of the best professor's they'd ever had. He left before the board of Governors would remove him themselves.

Olivia's pacing stopped. She collapsed onto Sirius and buried her head into his neck. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She cried.

His arms wrapped around her, pulling her in tight. "Why are you sorry, love?" He looked to his friends, confused but they had no idea either.

"I kissed someone else."

Sirius faltered, not expecting that as her answer. "You have nothing to be sorry for, you were drugged."

· · ─────── ϟ ─────── · ·

A week had gone past and they still didn't have a Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Word had spread like fiendfyre, that Olivia's relationship with the professor is the reason he left.

Everyone hated her. She had got the best defence teacher they had had in years, fired.

But no-one knew the real reason, no-one knew about both of them being on love potion except for he friends.

It's why none of them let her walk to classes on her own anymore. She was sent jinx after hex, all letting their annoyance known.

It had only happened twice, before all of their friends caught on. But Olivia couldn't stop laughing about it. The first time, she had been hit with the Ebublio jinx. She was stuck in a bubble, but she found it highly amusing rolling down the corridors until Alice found her first.

The second time she was turned into a duck by Ducklifors. She went quacking after her assailant, and managed to bite the Ravenclaw on the leg. Sirius found her that time, as she wouldn't stop following him around for forty five minutes, quacking at every thing he did.

She looked forward to the next one, but it never came.

It was at dinner where everything went wrong.

She was sat next to Sirius and Remus laughing at a joke James made over pudding when Dumbledore gained the attention of all of the houses.

The Great Hall went silent as he stood behind his podium.

"Good evening, I hope you have enjoyed the treacle tart as much as I have." He started. "As you all know, we have been without a Defence Against the Dark Arts professor for a week now, but from tomorrow, lessons will be back on. I'd like to introduce..."

Olivia's whole body froze as she stared at the figure emerging from the door by the teachers table. It couldn't be possible. There was a bloody curse on the position which meant that no professor could do the job twice.

But then the past must have changed. Professor Viotto resigning was never meant to happen. And now they were going to pay for it.

Olivia would take on Voldemort and his army of death eaters any day, than deal with this person. This person was way worse.

"Dolores Umbridge."

"NO!" Olivia didn't even realise that she had stood up and screamed the word.

She was frozen at the sight of the wretched toad. She was of course, dressed head to toe in pink, with a bow atop of her hair.

Students stared at Olivia, concern crossing some of their faces and amusement on others.

Sirius gently tugged her hand, pulling her back onto the bench. She went under his arm, as he rubbed her shoulder, comfortingly.

He didn't know why she reacted so badly but he would soon find out.

Dolores Umbridge stood beside Dumbledore, and chose to ignore Olivia's outburst.

"Thank you Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends.

I am proud to be your new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor. The Ministry of Magic does not take lightly to professors preying upon their young students. Know that justice will be served and you will be safe once more. The Ministry has always placed the education students at Hogwarts as vital importance.

Progress for the sake of progress must be discourage for our tried and tested traditions often require no tinkering... Let us move forward, then, into a new era of openness, effectiveness, and accountability, intent on preserving what ought to be preserved, perfecting what needs to be perfected, and pruning wherever we find practices that ought to be prohibited."

Olivia wanted to throw up. It was exactly the same speech. This couldn't be happening.

Dolores Umbridge was back.