𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶𝚝𝚑 𝟷𝟿𝟽𝟽

"LILY, I'LL MEET YOU DOWNSTAIRS." Aurora called to the witch as she made her way to the door. They had been in their dorm getting ready for Slughorn's dinner. Aurora had finished a while ago and had been lounging on her bed waiting for Lily to finish up.

"Okay, I won't be long." Lily replied back.

With a nod, Aurora left the room and walked down the stairs. A smile appeared on her face as she caught sight of the boys sat on the sofa. She took a seat on the coffee table in front of them.

James frowned at her attire. "Why are you so dressed up for dinner?"

Her head tilted and she sent him a look. A specific 'are you dumb' look.

"It's not just any dinner, Prongs, it's the Slug Dinner." Sirius waggled his eyebrows.

"Oh, that bloody thing. I do not envy you at all."

Sirius faced Aurora. "Tell my brother he's a git, will you?"

"No, I will not!" She whacked his shoulder. "You should be nicer to him."

He let out a bark of laughter. "Be nicer to Regulus? That's the funniest thing I've ever heard."

"To get Padfoot to be nice to Regulus is like trying to get Prongs to neatly style his hair." Remus glared at the wizard. "It's impossible."

"My hair is intentionally neatly messy." Potter ran his hand through his hair; messing it up even further.

"Oh look, there's Lily." Aurora pointed at the witch and stood up from her perch.

As soon as the words were out of her mouth, James twisted his body on the sofa and didn't dare remove his eyes from the redhead. She looked absolutely gorgeous in a pale-yellow collared dress that fell just above her knees.

It was for this exact reason that Aurora had made her announcement; just seeing James' reaction was worth it.

"Close your mouth before you catch flies, Potter." Lily quipped as she passed by them.

"And...that's my cue." Aurora stood up and caught up to Lily by the exit of the common room. she noticed the hidden smile on Lily's face at having stunned James Potter.

"Rory?"

She turned at hearing Sirius call her name.

"You look good. Really good." He complimented her outfit, which consisted of a long white sleeve top and a baby blue dress with a small slit on her thigh.

"Thanks Black." She sent him a wink as they climbed out of the portrait.

"You look good, Rory. Really good." James mimicked Sirius; terribly. "Was that really the best you had?"

"I'm sorry, Mr I've been pining over Lily Evans since second year."

"Just tell her you like her." Peter voiced, looking up from his spot on the floor where he'd been writing his essay for Herbology.

"It's not that easy. It's Rory."

⋄ ⧫ ⟡ ⧫ ⋄

Aurora sat at the round table in Slughorn's office next to Lily. There wasn't many of them, only seven. Every house had two members apart from Hufflepuff who had one – Aurora couldn't even recall the name of the boy who was sat next to her. Unfortunately for her, she was also sat opposite Sebastian and Regulus. Sebastian's glares were starting to become old news.