𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝗔𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗔 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚

𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝚜𝚝, 𝟷𝟿𝟽𝟽

I WAS NOT IMPRESSED. IF ANYTHING, I thought that going back would be the best thing ever. But now that it was actually happening?

I did not want to go back to Hogwarts.

Dominic King had a plan as he marched into Dumbledore's office and demanded that he let his niece take her last year at Hogwarts.

Rowan King was Dominic's younger brother, a sibling who wanted nothing that came with being a King. He kept his family life private and home-schooled his children, Aurora and Xavier.

They were so private that Rowan would only see Dominic if he absolutely had to. And he hadn't been seen in well over a year.

Dominic had Farley confirm his darkest fears, they had all died and no-one knew how.

But it was the perfect excuse. I would be the sole survivor after being held in captivity for so long. It was lucky that I was a similar age to Aurora King. I could easily pass as her.

"Keep a close eye on Aurora, she's going to need family by her side." Dominic told Sebastian.

Sebastian listened as he watched me. I had my arms crossed and was scanning the platform like I didn't want to be here at all.

"And you." Dominic turned to me and pulled me into a tight hug to whisper into my ear. "You are Aurora King now and you will respond to my owls promptly. Otherwise, I will be marching through those gates and dragging you out myself."

My lips twitched into the tiniest smile. "Yes, uncle."

After saying our goodbyes, I followed Sebastian onto the Hogwarts Express. I only caught snippets of what he was saying, instead choosing to focus on everyone we walked past as my left hand fiddled with the ring on my right hand.

It was Astrid's parting gift. A family heirloom that hid a very strong and powerful glamour charm. The scars on my body disappeared behind the charm and only a few lingered, but if they did, they were faint.

I tuned back into what Sebastian was saying. He was basically telling me not to embarrass him.

Easy to do. My plan was to stay away from everyone and get the job done. I didn't have time to make friends or enemies.

Sebastian opened the door to the 'Slytherin' carriage and the frown on my face deepened.

"You know, I think I'm going to find my own—" I started only to be cut off as a boy stepped in front of us.

It was painfully obvious who he was. That proud look, the facial features and black hair.

Regulus Black.

My heart mourned for a moment looking at the two boys in front of me. My father was clearly best friends with Regulus because of how they greeted each other. They had big grins on their faces as they caught up.

Once they'd finished catching up, Regulus' eyes fell onto me. "Hi, I'm Regulus. Regulus Black, you must be Aurora." He held out his hand and I did nothing for five seconds before I finally shook his hand.

Only he pulled my hand up towards his mouth and placed a gentle kiss to the back of my palm. My lips pursed.

"How are you feeling? The last time I saw you, you were quite out of it." Regulus smiled.

"You saw me?" I slowly asked, confusion on my face. I would have remembered seeing Regulus Black of all people.

"Did Seb not tell you? We were the ones who found you in the hedges."