❝𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐘 & 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓❞

1ST SEPTEMBER 1977

1ST SEPTEMBER 1977

· · ─────── ϟ ─────── · ·

BEING THE HEAD GIRL, LILY HAD TO STAY BEHIND and make sure all the prefects were directing the first years to their designate common rooms, leaving Marlene, Dorcas, Alice and Mary to accompany Olivia up to theirs. They were acting as if she didn't know her way around, when she already did.

She let them believe it. Finding it amusing how they were pointing things out to her.

"Beware, the stairs like to move every so often."

"Not that one! It's a trick step."

Olivia had gone to step on the trick step on purpose, just to see their reaction. She'd only tell them that she had been living in the castle for a few days now as soon as they made it up to their dorm. They were in for a right treat when they walked in.

They tumbled inside the common room, after saying the password to the Fat Lady; Cauda Draconis, the room was lively for once. Filled to the brim with students catching up rather than Olivia being all alone.

She followed the girls to the couches, where, low and behold, the Marauders were sat, all except James who was fulfilling head boy duties with Lily.

Olivia held herself back from pulling out her wand and casting the killing curse on Pettigrew right there. There was no way in hell, she would be friends with him. She couldn't interfere, not until Dumbledore gave her the go ahead.

For now, she had to ignore him to the best of her abilities and let no-one know of her hatred for the rat. Which was going to be a lot harder than she originally thought.

"Is it happening?" Marlene suddenly asked, looking directly at Sirius Black.

"Of course, it's happening." He rolled his eyes as if it was the most stupid question asked.

"Did you get enough?" Dorcas questioned.

Sirius sent her a wink.

"What's happening?" Olivia leant forward looking between them all. She had absolutely no idea what they were talking about.

"Oh. Sorry, Olivia, you have no idea." Alice realised. "First day of term, we always throw a welcome back party. The boys are in charge of getting the alcohol this year and considering we now have tomorrow off from lessons, it's bound to be a good one."

Now this was a tradition Olivia could get behind.

"And that means," Mary stood up and the other girls swiftly followed. "We need to get ready."

With no other choice, Olivia followed them upstairs.

The girls all paused as soon as they opened the door to their dorm. "What's happened in here?" Marlene exclaimed.