❝𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒' & 𝟕 𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐒❞

19TH SEPTEMBER 1977

19TH SEPTEMBER 1977

· · ─────── ϟ ─────── · ·

PROFESSOR OSCAR VIOTTO WAS NOT HOLDING BACK ON HIS LESSONS. In their first lesson, the students were duelling against each other, non-verbally. Everyone was still getting used to non-verbal spells that it started off rocky, but soon things were picking up.

In their second lesson, they were taught how to resist the Imperious curse.

But it was this particular lesson they were all looking forward to. Viotto had promised to teach them the Patronus charm even though it was highly advanced. He wanted them to be able to protect themselves if they would ever need to.

Olivia walked into the classroom with a bounce in her step. She was going to ace this lesson. She had long since perfected her Patronus charm. She slid into her seat, where she shared a desk with Lily but frowned as Sirius took the seat next to her instead.

Lily sent her a sorry smile as she sat next to James. There was nothing she could do. Sirius was stubborn and would refuse to move.

Sirius leaned back in his chair, his arm resting over the back of Olivia's. This set her on edge slightly. She was dreading the moment he brought it up. But it also made her curious. He hadn't told any of the rest of the Marauders about her mentioning her run in with death eaters. Otherwise Remus would have brought it up at some point.

"You've been ignoring me." Sirius whispered dangerously close to her ear.

"Have I?" She feigned surprise as she turned her head to face him.

"Yes, don't try to—" Sirius went silent as Professor Viotto's eyes flickered their way.

"There are two types of Patronus; the corporeal and incorporeal. Let this be know, I don't expect any one of you to cast a corporeal Patronus today. This is highly advanced magic, above NEWT and takes a lot of practice."

When his eyes left them, Sirius continued. "You run off whenever we're alone."

"I'm a busy person, Black. Places to be, people to see..."

Sirius eyes landed on her forearm, the one where she was deeply scarred. "I know death eaters did that to you, I get that you don't want to talk about it, but just know, that if you did, I'm always around."

"Am I interrupting you, Miss McGonagall, Mr Black?" Their heads snapped to Viotto's who was stood in front of their desk, an amused smirk on his face.

"No, professor."

"Then what was I discussing, Miss McGonagall?" Professor Viotto pressed, raising his eyebrow. He completely expected her not to know.

"That you must conjure the happiest memory you have to produce the Patronus charm. The happier the memory, the stronger the charm is."

"Very good, Miss McGonagall. But please do refrain from chatting, the both of you."

"Sorry, professor." Olivia and Sirius both called out at the same time.

They stayed silent, listening to the professors teaching until everyone was told to stand up and practice the charm.

Viotto moved the tables and chairs to the sides of the room with a swish of his wand.

Sirius pulled Olivia with him over to James, Remus and Peter. They would practice together as a group.

The only Patronus floating round the room was Professor Viotto's, a dolphin, he told them that it would be inspiration.

The Slytherin's had mocked the Patronus, slamming it as girly. Olivia so badly wanted to hit Snape with a hex.

But then Lily had pointed out that a Dolphin meant that they were highly intellect, friendly and most of all caring. You were bound to be safe if a dolphin was by your side.

She watched them struggle with the charm for a while, the only one getting a wisp out the end of their wand was James.

Watching Peter struggle the most, was highly amusing to Olivia. Seeing Peter struggle at any point was amusing.

"You need a happier memory then what your all thinking of." Olivia said in between her laughs. The boys were getting to stressed. They were determined to be one of the first people to perform the charm.

"Yeah, and how would you know? Miss, I'm too lazy to even try." James turned to her. His voice went high pitch as he imitated her voice jokingly.

"That was awful, I sound nothing like that. Plus—"

"Miss McGonagall, are we going to stand around chatting all day or actually perform some magic?" Professor Viotto's voice interrupted her as he came to stand in front of the group.

She blushed under his stare. It was no lie that he had his female students swooning in his presence. He was young, incredibly good looking, and knew his defence well.

"Right, yes." She was flustered under his stare.

James leaned in closer to the lads. "Seven galleons, nothing comes out of her wand."

Sirius gleamed at the chance of winning a bet. "A wisp appears."

"Corporeal." Remus told them.

James reeled back in shock. "Are you hearing this, Padfoot? Moony is placing a bet. Moony never places a bet."

"Scared you're going to lose, Prongs?" Remus taunted.

"Are you boys quite done?" Olivia asked them with a raised brow, as she watched them all shake hands on the bet. Peter had decided to stay out of it.

Viotto nodded his head for Olivia to go ahead, even the boys betting had amused him as well.

Olivia let the memory come to the forefront of her mind. To other people it wouldn't really be classed as a happy memory. But it was. Her father had just died, and yes, she was very upset, she didn't know what was going to happen to her. But then Remus came along. He offered her a home, a safe place, to not be alone on the full moons. To teach her everything he knew.

She never felt safer or had so much hope for once.

That's what made it happy.

"Expecto patronum!"

A blue wisp appeared from the tip of her wand, only to burst into a wolf. It ran around the room, above all their heads.

The boy's mouths dropped open in surprise. In fact, the whole class, had stopped to stare at the wolf that was floating around.

Professor Viotto was highly impressed. "You've done this before, Miss McGonagall." He pointed out. "Not many people below the age of 18 can perform such a spell. 30 points to Gryffindor. And a wolf nonetheless, that says a lot about your character."

"Which is?" Sirius asked.

"She's highly protective of those around her, who she deems as family. I feel sorry for those who would try to go up against her."

"I believe, you guys owe me seven galleons?" Remus subtly coughed out.