❝𝐑𝐔𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 & 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒❞

13TH JANUARY 1978

13TH JANUARY 1978

· · ─────── ϟ ─────── · ·

THE CLOCK STROKED MIDNIGHT AND SIX STUDENTS COULD BE FOUND out of bed, up to no good. Up to something they definitely shouldn't have been doing. If someone walked in on them, they would have been surprised by three of them. Three of them were known to be out of bed and causing chaos, whilst the other three were not.

But it wasn't chaos they were going to cause. They were on a mission.

"So you mean to tell me, that Salazar Slytherin placed the Chamber of Secrets in the girls bathroom?" Regulus Black skeptically asked, his head titled as he looked at the sinks.

"Pretty smart if you ask me, I never would have looked here." James said, nodding his head in appreciation.

"How do we get in?" Lily questioned.

"We speak Parseltongue." Olivia said as she bent down to look at the tap with the snake on it.

"Of course," Sirius facepalmed his forehead. "-Parseltongue, how did I not think of that. Anyone know the bloody language?"

Olivia whacked him on the chest. "You're sarcasm isn't appreciated." She turned to James and Lily. "Because of Harry's connection to Voldemort, he could also speak parseltongue. Apparently, he talked in his sleep, Ron overheard and couldn't wait to tell me it all."

She closed her eyes, drifting back to the days where herself and Ron would sit in the common room, trying to master the Parseltongue dialect he had heard Harry speaking multiple times.

"Open up." Her voice completely changed as she said the words. It was no longer English but instead Parseltongue.

The sinks groaned and shuddered before they began to shift aside revealing a pipe wide enough to slide into.

"So who wants to go first?" Olivia questioned with a twinkle in her eyes.

Hours earlier, Olivia had gathered the group in the room of requirement and told them all about the two ways to destroy a Horcrux. Fiendfyre and Basilisk venom.

Fiendfyre was immediately ruled out as none of them knew how to control it and didn't want to risk burning the whole school down.

The Basilisk idea was laughed at, no-one having seen the creature for centuries. Only her straight face pulled them back.

"You all know about the Chamber of Secrets, right?" She drawled, leaning against the wall, a smug smirk on her face.

Their faces dropped.

"That's just a silly rumour." Remus tried to debunk.

"Yeah, we would have found it by now if it was real." James continued.

"And no-one knows what the monster even is." Sirius finished.

Olivia only smiled more. It was bordering on sinister.

"No!" James pointed an accusing finger at her. "Do not tell me there is a fucking Basilisk somewhere in this castle."

"Oops?" She shrugged innocently.

"Fuck sake!"

"Does it help that it was opened in our second year, by one of Voldemort's Horcruxes, only for us to find it and then Harry to kill the Basilisk himself?"

"Second year?" Lily spluttered. "What hasn't my son gone against, dragons?"

"Uhh, that was fourth year."

"What?" Everyone said at once.

"Right well, let's see." Olivia counted it off her fingers. "First year was Voldemort on the back of our DADA professor's head. Second year, the Chamber of Secrets. Third year, Sirius Black the Azkaban escapee. Fourth year, the Triwizard Tournament and Voldemort. Fifth year, Umbridge and Voldemort. Sixth year, death eaters and death eaters. Lastly seventh year, the war."

"Alright we get it, you've done it all." Regulus rolled his eyes. "How did you kill the Basilisk the first time around?"

"Well, I wasn't actually there for that part, I was stuck in a cave with an obligated Gilderoy Lockhart." She waved her hand off at Sirius, stopping him from interrupting. "That's a story for another time. Anyway, Harry killed it with the sword of Gryffindor."

"Which we don't have." Remus said.

"No. But, the sworn enemy of a Basilisk, is a rooster." Olivia explained. She looked at Sirius and James, sending them a knowing smirk. "So, how do you two feel about nicking Hagrid's roosters for a while?"

The two best friends faced each other, a silent conversation going on between them.

"We have the perfect plan." Sirius confirmed.

They continued the meeting for a while longer, confirming the time of when they would go to the Chamber of Secrets and the location of where to meet. Eyebrows were raised as Olivia told them that it would be Moaning Myrtle's bathroom.

· · ─────── ϟ ─────── · ·

Peter Pettigrew had walked into his dorm room into complete and utter chaos. He only wanted to dump his bag and robes before he went back down to the common room to hang out with his girlfriend.

He didn't expect to see his room covered in feathers as roosters ran about the room. James, Sirius, Remus and Olivia were chasing after them all, but as soon as he walked in, each of them froze in their spot.

James was on his bed, halfway through running over it. Remus was sprawled across the floor reaching towards one. And Olivia was on top of Sirius' shoulders as she reached for one on top of the wardrobes.

And it was all entirely James' fault.

He felt bad for the animals, being cooped up in a bag. A bag with an undetectable extension charm. He just wanted to let them roam free for a moment. But now they couldn't get them back in the bag.

"Uhh, do I even want to know?" Peter asked, his eyes wide.

"We're going into battle with a Basilisk." Sirius said, with the straightest face he could.

"Yeah...nope, not for me." Peter briskly turned around and left the room.

Once he left, they rushed back into action, running after the roosters and wrestling them back into the bag.

If this was going to work, they needed the roosters.