❝𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐃 & 𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐒❞

27TH JUNE1995

27TH JUNE1995

· · ─────── ϟ ─────── · ·

OLIVA KING STILL HAD TEARS POURING DOWN HER FACE AS A house elf appeared in her dorm room. She'd been sat on the bed, mourning Cedric Diggory. Mourning her boyfriend. Voldemort had killed him with no regret just because he was there. Voldemort was back.

She'd been with Harry and the others in the Hospital wing for hours. She needed some air, some time to herself, to think it all over.

"Miss King is required in Headmaster Dumbledore's office."

"Thank you." Olivia nodded at the house-elf and they disappeared with a crack.

Pulling herself together, Olivia stood up and made her way across the castle to his office. She had no idea why she was called, maybe it was to speak about Cedric?

"Drooble's best blowing gum." She announced to the statue and it moved to reveal the stairs.

She climbed up them and knocked on the door. When she heard the two words of 'come in' uttered she pushed the door open and walked inside.

She was surprised to see Remus Lupin standing beside Dumbledore, his arms crossed over his chest. The headmaster was sat in his chair, his glasses perched at the end of his nose.

"Take a seat, Miss King. There is much to discuss." Dumbledore called out and gestured to the seat in front of his desk.

She numbly took the seat, a frown upon a face. She was still questioning what Lupin was doing here? Why did it concern her?

"As you know, Miss King, Lord Voldemort returned a couple nights ago, and there are some details I need to go over with you."

"What do I have to do with this?" She was sitting on her hands, to stop them from shaking so.

"It's to do with your father, Sebastian." Dumbledore's tone was soft as he spoke with her. "When Voldemort returned, he summoned his death eaters, your father being one of them."

Olivia's face froze upon hearing what her father was. A death eater. She wanted to laugh at hearing that he was. Of course, he was one. It made sense.

"Voldemort then went on to call out some of his death eaters for their loyalty. He left your father to last. He was called out for being a blood traitor, for hiding all these years, for running away. Voldemort told him how he knew his loyalty was changing all that time ago. That Sebastian was different. Voldemort announced to them all how Sebastian had been leaking information to the Order. I knew we had someone else other than our spy on the inside but I never knew it was Sebastian King."

Olivia's heart soared. Her father had been fighting from the inside.

"However, with all that said, I regret to inform you that Voldemort killed your father, Olivia."

She sucked in a deep breath. Her father was dead. The man who had raised her, the man who kept her locked in a house growing up. The man barely acknowledged her throughout her childhood. But then, she put it all together. He did that for her protection. He knew that the death eaters and Voldemort would be after him at some point of another. He just wanted to protect her. All he ever wanted to do was protect her, in his own weird way.

Her eyes watered, but she didn't cry. She'd already cried all her tears.

"So, what's next?" She asked, surprising the adults in the room.

"As you are not of age yet, you would need a new guardian. This is where Mr Lupin comes in."

Remus Lupin walked around the desk and crouched down to her level. "Olivia, I won't have much to offer, only a small home with its imperfections. I'd be between jobs, fulfilling Order missions but I'd always be there on the full moons. You'd never have to transform alone again. You'd be safe, you'd be protected. You'd have a home, if you'll have me."

Olivia looked into his eyes to see if she could catch any lies. She didn't. She nodded her head through a weak smile, and jumped onto the man, hugging him tightly.

She wouldn't have wanted any other person to take care of her, Remus Lupin understood her on a level no-one else would.