𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝗔𝗨𝗥𝗢𝗥𝗔 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚

𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟽𝟽

I WAS STRUGGLING. I COULDN'T STAY awake. This is what I got for drinking well into the morning; tiredness and a sickening hangover.

I barely spoke to the girls as we had made our way down for breakfast. I even chose to sit away from everyone claiming to need some peace and quiet because of a migraine. Which was technically true.

Anytime a younger student attempted to sit beside me, a strong glare sent them running the other way.

The owls flew in through the windows and I immediately spotted the King's family owl. The pompous owl swooped down and landed on an empty space on the table. She dropped the letter, yet the demon bird didn't fly off, instead she bit into my finger.

"Fuck off, demon." I pushed at Ebony until she eventually flew off.

One look over my shoulder and Sebastian looked a mixture of emotions. Annoyed, rageful, and was that anxiety on his face? Surely not.

Unless he's worried what Dominic has to say in his letter? Maybe he thinks he'll get blamed for me getting put in Gryffindor. Only one way to find out, I ripped open the letter.

"Is that what I think it is?"

I turned my head to see Sirius climbing onto the bench beside me.

"Because if it is, I cannot wait to hear what dear old Dominic has to say."

My lips pursed. I did not need Sirius Black reading this letter. Not only would it contain his outrage for Gryffindor, but I expect there is something that is for my eyes only.

"At least it's not a howler, like Sirius had. In fact, he received multiple. It was the highlight of breakfast for a whole week." James inputted as he took the seat opposite Sirius.

"Thank fuck." I mumbled, greatly relieved.

Sirius' elbow nudged my arm. "Go on then. Let's hear what he has to say."

"Can you read?" My eyebrow raised.

"Uhh, what?"

"Can you read, Black? It's a simple yes or no."

"Yes?"

"If you could, you'd be able to see that it is my name on this letter and not yours. Which makes it none of your fucking business." I stood up, taking the letter with me.

James guffawed behind his hand.

"Aurora—"

"Nope. See you around." Did I feel bad just leaving them hanging? No.

I needed to stay away from them and get the job done.

I vanished from the Great Hall and immediately headed down towards the Hufflepuff Common Room entrance. I knew the perfect little spot to hide out and not be interrupted.

It was hidden behind one of the many barrels down there. If one was pushed to the side you could get behind it and there was a space big enough to sit in.

I transfigured some cushions out of some loose stone and made myself comfortable. I took out the letter and stared.

If this was from Dominic, then he would have protected it like we had agreed. I tapped the letter and whispered the words we had agreed on. "Aurelia Astra King."

The letter glowed and I opened it up. The words already on there were changing to something else.

Aurora,