❝𝐒𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐒 & 𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐀❞

9TH DECEMBER 1977

9TH DECEMBER 1977

· · ─────── ϟ ─────── · ·

THROUGHOUT THE PAST WEEK, PETER PETTIGREW AVOIDED OLIVIA MCGONAGALL like the plague. She couldn't have been happier. He was still annoyed about being the target of her werewolf side. Regulus hadn't tried to speak to her since, respecting her wishes to stay away, but he still sent her the odd worried glance.

A couple days prior, she had received an owl from professor Slughorn with an invitation to his Christmas Party. Like everyone else, she couldn't say no and was offered a plus one.

Lily would obviously invite James, finally outing the duo as in a relationship. Olivia couldn't wait to see everyone's reactions. The only person she could see herself having fun with was Sirius. No way was she inviting Peter, and she couldn't see Remus going without being completely plastered; that was the only way to get him to dance, willingly.

"Hey, Sirius, you own a suit, right?" Olivia casually asked, as they all sat at the Gryffindor table, the day before, eating dinner. He was sat opposite her, and his fork paused midway to his mouth.

"Yes...."

"Great, you and me, Slughorn's Christmas party, tomorrow."

"Okay." Sirius grinned, receiving a sly high-five from James under the table.

Sirius' mood for the rest of the evening was lifted, knowing that he was taking Olivia to the party tomorrow. He couldn't have been more excited.

That only increased on the day of the party. He was dressed up in suit, his hair slicked back behind his ears as he stood at the bottom of the stairs to the girls dormitory. He was fiddling with his hands, incredibly nervous as he waited for Olivia to make her appearance.

When he heard footsteps, he looked up and felt everything freeze. His mouth dropped open, lost for words at how beautiful she looked. Her hair was pinned to one side, her lips stood out with red lipstick. And the dress. Sirius couldn't believe what she was wearing.

A satin red dress, that fell just below her knees, with a slit. He groaned at the sight of the slit, his mind drifting off to places it shouldn't have. He came back to his senses, when she stood in front of him, a wide smile on her face.

"Wow."

"That's all you gotta say, Black?" Olivia teased, that twinkle in her eye appearing.

"You look bloody amazing." He finally got the words in his mouth.

He didn't even care that her scars were on show, she looked even more beautiful with them. It just showed how strong she was.

"Well, you clean up nice too." She complimented the raven haired boy. Wearing a suit, only added to his already good looks.

Sirius held up his arm, as he bowed down slightly. "Shall we?"

"We shall." Olivia confirmed taking his arm. 

They strode out of the common room together, and headed to the dungeon's where Horace Slughorn's office was.

Slughorn had gone all out. The room was covered in drapes that ranged from gold to green to red. There were ice statues dotted around the room wherever there was a drinks table. Olivia simply had to hold her drink to the statue and cubes of ice would drop into the glass. There was a small bar in one corner for all the guests who were of age.

Sirius and Olivia found their way immediately over there, each taking a glass of Elvish wine. They secretly wished it was Firewhiskey, if they were going to survive the party.

The only good parts of it were the drinks and food.

The music was atrocious, inviting no-one to dance.

"Bloody hell, my brothers here." Sirius groaned, burying his head in Olivia's shoulder.

"What did you expect? He's in the slug club after all." Olivia responded, sending a small smile Regulus' way before Sirius could notice. Regulus sent her a nod in return.

"Food poisoning would have been nice around now."

Olivia immediately flicked his forehead. "Be nice." She whispered, as he rubbed the sore spot, a pout on his face.

"Yes, miss."

Sirius' face suddenly, changed drastically to surprise as he watched two people enter the party. "No way."

Olivia turned to see what Sirius was watching and her face lit up.

There stood a smug James Potter, with Lily Evans hanging off his arm in a gorgeous dress.

Everyone was staring at the pair, never imaging to see them together. They strode over to the other Gryffindor's.

"Sirius, have you met my girlfriend, Lily Evans?" James asked, a smirk growing on his face.

"GIRLFRIEND?" He spluttered, not expecting that.

Lily nodded her head, a the biggest grin on her face as her cheeks turned pink.

"It's about damn time." Sirius said, relief flooding through him, he pulled the pair into a quick hug.

· · ─────── ϟ ─────── · ·

Hours later, and they were all still at the party. Slughorn had taken his time talking to the four of them, always asking what they were planning to do once they left Hogwarts. Sirius had absolutely no idea, which appalled the professor. James was contemplating becoming a professional quidditch player and Lily was thinking about being a healer.

When it came to Olivia, Slughorn droned on about his connections to many of the Unspeakables currently at the Ministry. She faked interest, even though she felt like falling asleep.

"Wanna liven this shindig up?" Sirius whispered into Olivia's ear as they stood off to the side. The wine was doing nothing for them.

"What were you thinking?" Her eyebrow rose in anticipation.

Sirius simply winked at her, and pulled out his wand from his jacket pocket. He aimed it at the record player and muttered a spell.

Next thing she knew, Olivia was hearing the familiar melody of ABBA playing. Now this was something she could dance to. And Sirius had picked the perfect band, he knew Olivia couldn't stop singing their songs this past week. It was all she sung as she wondered down the corridors, thinking that people didn't hear her, but they did.

Plus, his song choice was quite intentional. He hoped she got the message.

He pulled her into the middle of the floor, and began serenading her, badly. At least not as bad as James' singing.

If you change your mind
I'm the first in line
Honey, I'm still free
Take a chance on me
If you need me, let me know, gonna be around
If you've got no place to go, if you're feeling down

Olivia couldn't help but laugh at Sirius' goofiness and dramatics. She soon joined in with his singing as he began twirling her around the room.

The crowd watched on a mixture of amusement and shock. But as the other students realised how much fun they were having, they joined in, Lily and James being the first. The only ones not to were the Slytherin's.

Sirius just prayed, that within all the fun they were having, that Olivia received the message he was trying to portray through the song.

Take a chance on him, and she wouldn't regret it. Not one bit.