~ one hundred and seventeen ~

Olivia's pov

The week of international break flew by.

With a win and a loss against Belgium, it was time to travel back to London.

I had been cleared to play again after my concussion.

Our first match back after international break is the match I'd been dreading since joining arsenal.

Arsenal vs Manchester City

I am dreading having to play against city.

That club was my home for three years. It was so hard having to leave them, but knowing you have it play against them was even harder.

————————

"Baby, you're going to do amazing." Less whispers in my ear and pulls me to sit on her lap.

"I'm just worried." I admit

"Why are you worried, livvy?" She asks

"I feel like I need to prove a point. And I'm scared that I'll mess that up." I explain

"Oh, baby. I know exactly how you feel, but I promise you, you'll do excellent. You always do." Less says and presses a light kiss to my lips.

————————

The match begins and within the first ten minutes, you can tell that Manchester city are the more dominant side.

They may have been more dominant, but that doesn't mean that we don't take the lead.

In the 14', Caitlin is passed the ball and passes to the left of her and the ball finds its way to Steph.

She then hits it with her left foot and curves to the top right corner.

Just six minutes later, Man city's goalkeeper, Khiara Keating, who I knew quite well, fouled Cloe in the box.

Kim takes the penalty, however, Khiara dives in the direction that Kim shot and manages to save it.

At half time, Jonas explains that I'd be going on for cloe at around the 60' and that when I do, the formation would change.

He explained some more changes to come and some useful tactics.

Like Jonas said, in the 60' he told me to get ready to go on.

I high fived cloe and ran onto the pitch.

As I did, the Manchester city fans started booing, but then the arsenal fans started cheering ten times louder.

Our lead turned into a draw after Chloe scored.

Bunny had passed it to Chloe in the box who smashed it into the goal.

The game resets and before long, we've got a chance.

Katie passes to me and I keep it under control, taking it up the pitch towards the goal.

I had ran so quickly that no one was in the box so I was the only one who could impact the scoreline.

I trick Alanna into thinking I'm going to the left before dodging past her and going towards the right.

As soon as I do, I look up to look at the goal and pick my target.

My foot connects with the ball and I send it flying through the air and towards the bottom left corner of the goal.

Khiara manages to get both hands to it, nearly catching it, but due to the power I put onto the shot, her save isn't good enough and the ball goes into the goal.

I go running to the corner of the pitch before I feel a pair of arms wrap around me.

"I told you, liv. I knew you'd do amazing, baby." Less says before we get tackled by everyone else.

The match restarts again and in the 87', I'm still in the defensive half when Amanda passes to me.

I look up to see who's free and see less up front without someone marking her.

I pass to her but Khiara goes out to header it away but she misjudges the bounce and it goes straight over her head.

Less runs to it and taps it into the goal.

She goes running towards the Manchester city fans, who were right behind the goal, and makes an O with her hands. Identical to what I did during the man united games.

"I see what you did there, lessi." I chuckle and hug her

The final whistle blows after 15 minutes injury time and I head straight over to Khiara.

On the way over to her, I kiss less' cheek and hug a few of my teammates.

Khiara was laying on the floor crying when I got to her. She had made two major mistakes in the game that cost Manchester city the win.

"Khi, please don't cry. You played so well. So so well." I bend down to take hold of both her hands and pull her up. She pulls her shirt up and covers her face with it.

Hempo and Coombsy also come over, comforting Khiara.

I feel a hand on my back and turn to face Lauren who smiled at me.

"Well done, liv." She says

"Thanks, Laur." I smile back and hug her

"As much as I hate seeing you in an arsenal kit, I'm proud of you. I know this match can't have been easy."

"Thank you, Lauren. It was, it was really hard. I may be wearing an arsenal kit, but there will always be a part of my heart that will always belong here." I point to the city sign on Lauren's shirt as I said 'here'

"You go celebrate with your team. Well done, liv." Lauren pats my back before I walk away.

————————

"There's our player of the match." I exclaim and jump on Lotte's back. "You played amazing today, Lotts!"

"You're one to talk. That power on that goal. No way she was saving that." Lotte says

"There's mama." I hear less say from behind us.

I turn around to see less walking with the girls in their car seats.

"Hi, baby." I kiss less before crouching down and resting a hand on Lottie and Maisie's stomachs. "Hi Lottie Lou, hi Maisie moo."

They both giggle as I tickle their tummies.

"I finally get to meet them." An Australian accent is heard and I turn to see Alanna standing there smiling.

"Hi, Lani."

"Hey, liv. These are the mini Russo then." Alanna crouches down to look at Maisie and Lottie. "Which ones which?"

"This one is Maisie and this one is Lottie." Less says and rests a hand on my back.

Less and Alanna had always gotten along, mainly due to the fact that she'd spend so much time at our house.

The whole entirety of the Manchester city and united squads spent so much time at our old house.

Whether it would be for team bonding nights, or just get togethers, it always seemed to be at mine and lessi's house.

"They're adorable, aren't you?" Lani coos and both girls giggle, kicking their legs in excitement.

After she'd spent some time holding the girls and talking to us, she left to go to see the ausenal girls.

Me and less go talk to some of the other man city girls.

Half way through talking to Ellie, esme starts hugging me and I wrap my arms around her, pulling her into a tight hug.

After a small catch up, me and less take the girls into the changing rooms and begin to get ready to go home.