~ thirty two ~

Olivia's pov

After our honeymoon, we made our way to St George's park.

We were having camp number three and three prep games against Belgium, Netherlands, and Switzerland.

These games were special though. Not only were they the couple of matches before the euros but they were also the first matches that I wouldn't wear the name James on the back. I'll wear the name Russo.

I couldn't wait to wear my new shirt, and neither could less.

————————

After travelling down to Wolverhampton yesterday, we were currently in the changing rooms of the Molineux stadium.

"You look good in that, baby." Less comes and hugs me from behind.

"It's the best surname ever." I tell her

"Hi Mrs and Mrs Russo. How are you both? Excited for the match?" Mary comes and puts a hand on both of our shoulders.

"Very excited." I say and smile

I put the captain arm band on and we made our way to the tunnels.

Starting was Mary, Lucy, Millie, Lotte, Demi, Leah, Keira, Beth, Lauren, me and Ellen.

The first half finished 0-0. It had been a boring first half. There were hardly any shots as the ball was staying in the middle of the pitch. It wasn't going near any of the goals.

It was a case of we'd get the ball, they'd get it, we'd get it, they'd get it. And this went on and on for the whole of the first half.

The second half soon begins and substitutions were made.

46'- Rachel Daly on for Demi Stokes
46'- Chloe Kelly on for Beth Mead
46'- Alex Greenwood on for Lotte Wubben-Moy
61'- Alessia Russo on for Ellen White

My whole face lit up when I saw that less was coming on.

"Both Russos on. That's gonna cause confusion for the commentators." Lucy jokes as the game starts again.

Within a minute, I was running down the right wing with the ball. I cross it in to less, who headers into the back of the goal.

I open my arms wide as she jumps into them, her legs wrapping around my waist.

"Well done, my love."

To celebrate, me and less go over to the corner where the England fans were and stand facing the pitch, so they could see our last name on our shirts.

I point to the rainbow captains arm band before facing lessi and kissing her quickly.

In the 65', we get a corner. After two blocked attempts, the ball comes towards me and I kick it immediately with my left foot, resulting in it hitting the back of the net.

We all celebrate before getting back into position.

The 82' comes along, and we receive another corner.

Alex takes it and after a blocked attempt, it lands at Leah's feet who gets the ball in the goal.

It hit the goalkeepers gloves but still goes in because of the amount of power she had on it.

"Great goal, lee." I jump on her back

"Thanks, livvy." She tilts her head back to look at me.

The final whistle goes and we had won 3-0.

This match, I not only got to wear my favourite name on the back, but I also scored by 23rd goal for England. 23 an odd number but it was lessi's number so it will always have a special place in my heart.

We went back to the changing rooms and celebrated our win.