~ fifty three ~

Olivia's pov

After the euros, me and less did several photoshoots and we went for a nice night out with both our families to celebrate the win of the euros.

But the best thing we did, which we were both so eager for, was the appointment at the clinic.

We had tests done, and the doctor went through the different options with us.

She also showed us the percentages of how good ivf was when you're our age, vs how bad the outcomes are when you wait until you're in your thirties.

That same night, me and less were laying in bed, and we talked about it all.

We both decided that we were going to be doing it now.

We didn't want to wait until we retire, and then it not work all because we didn't do it now.

The very next day, we booked an appointment and started our journey.

After many weeks of preparation, the final procedure was done, and now it was just waiting for the results.

The whole ivf thing was confusing and was hard to wrap our heads around.

Unfortunately, during the final couple of weeks, I was recommended I didn't do any major exercise, such as football, so I faked a knee injury.

I had told Gareth that it wasn't a knee injury and that it was personal but we were making out to the players that it was.

Even though, we didn't even know if it had worked, less kept getting more protective. Every tiny movement that I did, she'd immediately look over and make sure I was alright.

With the spare time on my hands, I often went and watched her matches.

It was nice to have a bit of free time, but if the ivf does work, I can't play football.

It's going to be some of the best months of my life, purely because I'd be pregnant, but also the worst, because I couldn't play football.

Watching less play, made me the tiniest bit jealous, but I know it will be so so so worth it.