~ one hundred and five ~

Olivia's pov

Less had still been feeling down about the penalty.

I tried everything I could to try make her feel better and yes, she was more happier than what she was, she still isn't 100%.

I could completely understand why so I didn't blame her.

It was just hard seeing her like this. I had banned her from going on social media. I would often catch her looking through disgusting comments people had made.

I took her to her favourite restaurant and her favourite cafe. I bought her flowers and everything that would make her happy.

England played Scotland three days ago and won 2-1.

Less had made the decision a couple of days prior to the match, that she couldn't play. She needed some more time off because she thought she wasn't prepared to play another match just yet.

Sarina completely understood, and so that night, me and less stayed in our hotel room watching movies and cuddling.

Tomorrow they were playing the Netherlands and less said she'd be able to play.

We were flying out to the Netherlands today.

Me, Lottie and Maisie were also flying out with the team.

Me and less had barely seen mais and lottie these past couple of days.

Because everyone hadn't seen them in a month, the whole team wanted to see them and it's continued over the past couple of days.

It was so good to see G and Lucy again. The first thing Lucy said to me when she saw me was, 'you made sure they stayed alive! Thank you!'

Lucy, Georgia and Ella were the ones who had Lottie and Maisie most of the time.

It was actually nice to have a break from the girls, but we both missed them.

On the plane, Millie and Rach had them most of the time so me and less got to catch up on some sleep.

————————

The teams had gone out and warmed up and now it was time for kick off.

The first half an hour showed how hungry both teams were for the win.

Both, England and the Netherlands, had equal possession of the ball and an equal amount of shots.

It wasn't until the 34' where the first goal of the match was scored.

G lost the ball near the penalty box and the ball travelled into a Dutch player in the box. She then passed to Martens who got the ball in the back of the net.

The first half finished and after half time, the second half started.

Rach had been subbed off for Chloe so hopefully a set of fresh legs could help change the score.

The Netherlands lead turned into a tie after an equaliser from England was scored.

And it was less who scored it. I was so happy and proud of her. The fact that she was so nervous to play tonight's match after the last one, and now she's scored the equaliser.

Englands goal didn't help the scoreline for long because in the 90', Jansen scored for the Netherlands.

The match finished 2-1, but I didn't care about the scoreline, I cared about how less had scored a goal.

It wouldn't have been a big goal to any other player, but it was like less had proven herself today.