~ Thirteen ~

Olivia's pov

The week flew by really quickly.

With us sun bathing, swimming and going to the beach every day, the week went by quickly.

Before I knew it, it was our last full day here and I was planning on proposing tonight.

I knew exactly where I was doing it, and exactly what time I was doing it.

————————

That afternoon I had told less that we were going out for dinner to a small restaurant just down by the beach.

We both wore our best outfits that we packed and headed down to the restaurant.

"Table for two please." I ask the waiter and he leads us through to a table.

"What are you having?" Less questions as we look through the menu.

"The carbonara. Yes it's not your carbonara, but I fancy it. What are you having?"

"A pizza I think." Less responds

————————

"That will be €67.23" The waiter gives us the check.

"I'm paying." I tell less quickly as she goes to reach for her purse.

I give him the euros and we head out of the restaurant and towards the beach.

"I can't believe we have to say goodbye to this place tomorrow." I say

"I know but we'll come back soon." Less tells me as we walk, hand in hand, down the beach.

It was sunset and the beach looked stunning.

Slowly, me and less stop and and turn to face each other.

My hands go to her hips as hers go to the back of my head.

We just look at each other before leaning into kiss.

This was my chance. I take one hand away from her waist as I reach into my pocket to get the box.

Just as I'm about to take it out, less pulls away and gets down on one knee.

She reaches into her pocket to get a box and opens it to reveal a stunning ring.

"Liv, I have loved you for 3,060 days, and I haven't stopped ever since. Every day, you show me what it's like to be truly loved. I have experienced so many things with you and I want to do that for the rest of my life. I want to have kids with you and I want to watch them grow up whilst we get old and grey. What I'm trying to say is that I love you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, will you, Olivia Alexandra James, marry me?" Alessia finishes. At this point, I'm already nearly in tears.

"Yes, one hundred times yes." I say and kiss Alessia. She puts the ring on my finger and it fits perfectly. "I can't believe this."

"What? Being engaged?" Less smiles

"Yeah, but mostly by this..." I actually pull the ring out now in the box and I get down on one knee. "Less, I really thought I would be the only one proposing tonight but I guess we both think alike. We met when we were fourteen years old and since then I have never stopped loving you and I never will. I share so many memories with you and I want to continue making them memories. I love you now and forever. Technically I already know the answer, but Alessia Mia Teresa Russo, will you marry me?"

"Yes, liv. Yes, yes, and yes." Less kisses me again. I put her ring on her finger and kiss her head.

"So let me get this straight, I proposed to you, but you were also planning on proposing to me?" Less asks