~ thirty three ~

Olivia's pov

The match against the Netherlands had just kicked off.

I wasn't starting today, so I was on the bench sat next to less.

Leah was wearing the captains arm band and was playing amazingly.

Just before the 20', Mary went down with an injury.

The medics came over and assessed her and luckily, she got back up and wanted to continue playing.

The Netherlands managed to score in the 22' from a corner. I had to admit, it was a good header from Martens but I was determined to win.

Just 10 minutes later, lucy managed to score a banger of a goal. She was at such an awkward angle, being far right in the box, yet still gets it in.

Half time comes along and Sarina told me that I'd be coming on.

In the 46' I was subbed on for Chloe Kelly. As I come on, Leah comes and hugs me and puts the arm band on me. I smile at her lightly before thanking her.

A penalty was awarded to the Netherlands in the 50', after a dodgy tackle by Alex.

Luckily, the penalty taker goes wide and it hits the post.

After taking the goal kick, we keep possession of the ball, taking it all the way up the pitch.

Keira passes it to Lauren who's on the left wing. Hempo crosses it to the box and I slide on the floor, connecting my studs with the ball and I watched it go in.

I run to the corner to Hempo. It was an amazing cross and I owed the goal to her.

Three changes were made in the 63'.

Georgia on for Alex.
Ella on for Fran.
And less on for Beth England.

Ten minutes later, Ella shoots from the left corner of the penalty box and heads right into the bottom right corner of the goal.

After a hectic couple of moments in the box, the ball hitting the post, less misjudging a tackle, and a faulty pass from a Dutch player, the ball lands on Lauren's foot and she volleys it in.

Everyone comes and hugs her and congratulates her. It was a fantastic goal. One that takes skill to score.

After several more shots that don't go in, the 90' brings luck as Tooney gets free in the box but goes too far left so she crosses to less but less misjudges the pass but manages to pass to me.

I dribble the ball past a defender and aim for the top right corner.

To my luck, it goes in, just skimming the goalkeeper's hands.

I run to less and pick her up, spinning her around.

After the final whistle goes, I walk over and shake the Dutch players hands before hugging all of my teammates.

The last teammate I had to hug was less. I walk over and give her a long hug before pulling away and kissing her.

I notice a blade of grass on her forehead and take it off before laughing at it.

It was the only one on her forehead and it had been stuck to it by sweat.

I kiss her head before linking our hands as we go to speak to some fans.

One more match and then it's the euros.