~ sixty eight ~

Olivia's pov

It was the 16th of February and the girls were playing their first match in the Arnold Clark cup.

Sarina had allowed me to sit with her and the subs.

She said that I was still part of the team even if I couldn't play at the minute.

We were playing South Korea in Milton Keynes.

Leah was so happy as she was from Milton Keynes. In fact, she bleeds Milton Keynes, and captaining her country there was such a big moment for her.

The starting lineup consisted of Mary in goal, Lucy, Millie, Jess and Alex on the back line, G, Leah and Ella in midfield, and  Lauren James, Chloe Kelly and lessi upfront.

————————

As the match was about to begin, I made my way to the subs bench and sat next to lotte and Lauren hemp.

Me and lotte didn't stop talking for a good half an hour.

Lotte was like a sister to me and less, of course, going to America with her, made us all so close. And after not seeing her for months, there were lots of things to catch up on.

————————

We score the first goal in the match by a penalty.

Lauren James got fouled in the penalty area and we were rewarded a penalty because of it.

Due to me being out, G took the penalty and it was amazing. She shoots and it hits the top left corner perfectly.

At half time, the score is still 1-0.

The second half commences and within a minute, Chloe scores an amazing goal from outside the box.

Just four minutes later, Lauren James crosses it in but goes to the other wing where Alex was. Alex crosses it in again and less manages to tap it into the goal from the left of the goal.

I blow a kiss to her and she blows three back.

In the 64', three changes are made.

Sarina had been often asking me on advice on what to do.

I was a bit shocked at first as to why she was asking me, but she explained that I always knew what was best.

We agreed that Hempo, Niamh, and Rach were going on, and Chloe, Alex and less were coming off.

Less came and sat next to me.

"Well done, baby. We're so proud of you." I kiss her cheek

"Thank you, my love. How are they?"

"They're being a pain in the ass. They won't stop kicking." I tell her and sigh

"Sorry, baby."

"It's not your fault."

Lauren James manages to score too and the match ends 4-0.

————————

We were now joint top in the table with Belgium but we had a higher goal difference so we were in the lead.