A knock from the Past

Sana's POV
I was contemplating about texting him or not to text him.

I had his number saved in my phone as Mr.A, cause I don't want to put out titles currently.
Thought everything is currently decided we are about to get engaged in a month and get married with in 2 weeks of getting engaged though all this is soon but Arafath was supposed to move abroad as he had got his job offer in Hammersmith Hospital of London,I was all nerves when I got to know about me having to move to abroad leaving my family back.

I was joined by hip to my mum since I the marriage was fixed and I don't know why I felt like spending all my time with my mum and brother as I knew these times will not come by and after marriage when I move it will be hard to cherish this moments.

I just completed my morning prayers and was about to catch on some sleep when my phone started vibrating continuously, only to see it's an unknown number.

Hello???
Hello???
The person:-Asalamualaikum
Me:- Walaikumasalam
The person:- did you forget me ?
I was sure I heard this voice somewhere but the number pushed me off guard.
Who is this?
Congratulations sana,
Didn't knew you would forget me so easily after meeting someone new!!!

My name from his lips that's all it took me to recognise the person.
Salim??
Finally you recognised me!!
How are you?
I am fine Salim, thank you how are you?
"I am as usual heartbroken knowing that you are marrying someone else"
I laughed it off thinking it as a joke.
Well you know right we never had anything going on to even think about a future together!

"Yeah but we were friends too remember I don't need Neha to inform me about your engagement"
Damn you Neha why do you have to tell him but again she doesn't know what has happened between me and Salim,

Till date even I wasn't sure about the things happened between us as that was all imagination from my End.

Okay Salim so what is the purpose of this call?
"Let's meet"
No, I can't I have work and post that am busy with wedding preps I can't really meet you.
"Bullshit!!! Come on Sana you can't do that to me after wedding I can't meet you anyways."
Well that doesn't matter anymore and I really don't want to meet you,I don't think it's appropriate.
Well I have things to do currently will call you some other time bye.

I was having hard time to breathe!!
What was that?
Why did he want to meet me ?
Is he regretting pushing me away?
Shut up Sana what are you even thinking,remember the kind of insult you had to go through cause of him,
Just thinking of his word Mistake made me realise my worth.
Pushing all this bullshit behind my head I started wearing my workout gear.

Yes!! A work out gear, I think it's high time I should start changing my lifestyle for my self instead of just telling this is who I am, I want to change for better for Arafath.

He never mentioned anything about it neither his family and I like that about them they are accepting the way I am, can't I do a little from my end to become healthier version of my self?

I don't want to give public a chance to humiliate me on my own wedding day, I have had enough of humiliation through out my life I want to make sure that I shine brighter on my Big day.

I started walking and with in 10 minutes I was out of breath and was panting as if I have climbed a hill.I was dead tired after just 30 minutes of walk and I felt terrible that my physical health is down to flat on the graph of health and I decided I had to turn the graph around till my wedding and started to follow some one online where I have to move more and eat less basically I was just drinking juices and water and moving my body more than it is requires I started walking 10 k steps avoided sweets and everything that had to be chewed.

The day came where I was suppose to check my weight I lost whopping 10 kgs in a month and was happy on the day of my engagement I was looking good. And 2 more weeks I can loose another 5-7 kgs till my wedding.

I got dressed in lavender tissue saree,paired with diamond necklace which was simple ans grand at the same time

Saree for reference

Jewellery for reference

I didn't eat anything apart from just drinking water and coconut water to keep my self hydrated.
I left for venue and was sitting in a room waiting for guys family to arrive.
Was it nerves or not eating anything I don't know but I was feeling nauseous and felt like am in a roller coaster.
I heard my cousins telling, "didi Jiju's family arrived"
I was smiling at her one second and the next second I fell on the bed and people were going frenzy till I lost my consciousness that's what I remember last.

Sorry dear readers for late update as I was stuck with new years celebration hoping everyone to have a blessed new year and do show some love to your author.vote and comment lovelies
All pictures are sourced from Pinterest
None of them are mine