Mixed Emotions

Sana's POV
I know he is handsome but when I looked at him today I felt my nerves calming down and I felt a sense of satisfaction as if my body is telling me you have found your safe space.

The moment his eyes landed on me he has this different look on his eyes and I can feel his eyes on me from the moment I entered the room.
I don't remember a word his sister spoke as my mind was going haywire knowing he is observing me.

I then was allowed to go and talk to him in the balcony where I subtly explained him that am okay with this relationship moving forward.
I also explained his what am looking for in a relationship,but he looked lost when I asked him same question,felt like he zoned out or he doesn't want to answer?

May be I don't fall into the criteria of his life partner ?

May be I have been too optimistic about this alliance or may be I just don't know what I have to expect.

Arafath?
After I called him few times he seemed like he returned back to this world and looked at me hesitantly,as if he want to tell something but he isn't able to.
Are you fine ?
You look so zoned?
"Yeah I am fine it's just I want someone to accept me the way I am and communicate with me if am doing certain things wrong in a relationship, someone who understands me and my profession and someone who trusts me and be someone who I can trust and be my confidant".
He is very clear in what he wanted I felt relived.
Any expectations from me ?I asked him.
I want you to be your self and don't change what you are for the sake of this wedding saying this he held my hand.
That's it my heart dropped in my stomach or I don't know I never felt this feeling when a guy touched not when Salim hugged me or held my hand. This feeling of him holding hand didn't feel wrong and felt so right and gave me butterflies all at same time.

Okay now  guys you have been asked to be presented in the living room let's go inside,my cousin came into balcony and took us back!!

Acha let's have dinner rest of the things can be discussed later.

Table was arranged and dinner was served and people relished on the food that was prepared which made my ammi happy.

After the dinner was done all elders sat together to discuss things and I was waiting in the room with my cousins fretting my nerves not knowing what was going to happen.

I was called out and asked "dear it's an yes from our side"
We would like to know your opinion ?

I was out in spot with not knowing what to answer cause I was still contemplating the thought of marrying leaving my home, my family, my space and moving into some unknown space with new family and traditions.

That's when I saw my mum's face she was happy and was anticipating my answer.

I looked at her with a small smile and nodded my head in yes.

Every one congratulated and hugged me.
I was all smiling and felt a bit of relief and he gave me a subtle smile when I looked at him.

"So let's decide rest of the things about engagement and wedding".

That's when I heard one of my uncle ask so what are you expecting from our end in the form of dowry?

The moment I heard that I was shocked and I stood up saying "I don't want to get married".