Chapter 8: Ultra Despair Kids - Eri ☆

AN: Rewritten Chapter (12/26/2023)

Chapter 8: Ultra Despair Kids - Eri

POV Eri

Dad told me that he would always protect me...

Mom told me that I was the most important thing to her...

My grandfather told me that everything would be fine...

They lied to me.

I'm cold... My hands are shaking with fear... I hate this feeling of despair that is growing more and more inside me... I wish I could just wake up from this horrible nightmare...

Adults are very scary...

"You can hate me all you want, but that won't change anything." The monster murmurs, escorting me into my room after he collected several samples of my blood... Again and again...

"I will do whatever it takes to save the world from the impurity of the quirks and return the Shie Hassaikai to its former glory... And you, Eri, are the key to it."

I shudder at his words as I quickly take a couple of steps back, completely terrified. "You're too young to understand it." He clicks his tongue in frustration before turning around and leaving my room.

"You were a very obedient little girl today... So I had one of my lackeys get you a new toy... According to television, children love those things." He murmurs monotonously, waving his hand dismissively before beginning to slowly close the door.

"Anyway... Tomorrow I will start a new phase in the experiments..."

"...Eri."

The monster uttered in a voice that made my blood run cold and made me shudder again as he closed and locked the door from the outside to prevent me from trying to escape.

Why?

Why is this happening to me?

I shakily walk towards my bed, ignoring all the toys around me before lying down on this cold and uncomfortable bed.

This is my fault...

Because of me, Dad disappeared...

Because of me, my mother abandoned me and referred to me as a demon... A demon that couldn't be her daughter...

This is all my fault... I am a demon and this is my punishment...

Someone...

Please...

"Save me."

I whispered weakly as a tear slid down my face.