Dessert Time

Chapter 41 Dessert Time

"Bang!"

"Move...!" The Ectoplasm clone leading the attack exclaimed before being pierced by a bullet-shaped blast of air right into his abdomen at the same time that the head of the Earth Centaur he was riding exploded into many pieces. This immediately dispels the Ectoplasm clone while the Earth Beast crumbles.

And this was just the start.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!"

I exclaim happily, waving and pointing my fingers childishly in the direction of my reckless opponents as the small air cannons suspended above me fire endlessly at the targets I have selected.

As this is happening, a group of winged figures begin to rapidly descend from the sky. "Just a little more!" A clone exclaims, gripping the reins of an Earth Dragon, followed by a dozen Earth Gargoyles on a collision course toward us.

However, I don't have to worry about that, as they are immediately intercepted by I-Island's hacked drones who open fire on them, thus starting intense air combat. After this, small pieces of dirt and metal start falling from the sky everywhere as I continue to exclaim and wave my fingers against the main enemy force.

A few minutes ago, I tried to delegate the control of the drones to my artificial intelligence while I took care of other matters which required more attention. However, I have lost all contact with the Red King.

I'm sure a certain little white mouse had something to do with it.

Because of this, I had no choice but to transfer control of the drones momentarily to Twice who seems to be having a lot of fun with his new task of securing the sky.

"This is like a video game but better! Much better!" Twice exclaims energetically, holding a gamepad in his hands and pressing the fire button repeatedly as a small holographic screen projected through the gamepad hovers in front of him showing the aerial combat in detail.

"We will not give up!" An Ectoplasm clone exclaims, running with arms outstretched behind him as numerous clones zoom past him riding different types of Earth Beasts, from centaurs, wolves, and even ostriches.

Pixie-Bob certainly has a very creative imagination.

Unfortunately, almost instantly they were assailed by a flurry of air bullets which tore through and dissipated many of the clones while some of the Earth Beasts crumpled, causing their riders to crash hard to the ground and dissipate.

Hah! Take this!

However, this did not stop the remaining clones who, being part of a hivemind, immediately replaced the fallen ones by generating more clones, so the number of clones did not seem to decrease.

"We will get up as many times as necessary! And we will make our way in the face of adversity!" The newly spawned clones exclaim in unison with determination before continuing their relentless advance.

At this, I briefly stop my attack. "Rover...Stop." I whisper, catching my breath as Rover slows considerably to a stop. "They are like cockroaches." I say smiling defiantly and watching with fascination the determination of my opponents in the distance who are getting closer and closer.

"I guess I should increase the intensity a bit." I hum with a slight glint of amusement in my eyes before taking a deep breath and changing the position of my hands, thus forming an imaginary submachine gun.

I can't wait to crush that determination under my little feet.

"Bang! Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba...!"