Chapter 57 Our Little Brother...

POV Izuku

I will always remember the day my little brother was born. He was so small, so fragile... And so Kawaii! At that time an overprotective instinct had spread throughout my little body of barely four years, promising him from the bottom of my heart that I would protect him.

That day I became a big brother... And in the happiest child in the world.

Even if a few months later I would be diagnosed as quirkless and my dreams of becoming a hero were slightly hampered, my little brother stayed by my side, supporting me at all times and making the years to come truly amazing.

Then, due to circumstances that I still don't understand, possibly due to a series of strange coincidences or perhaps by the work of fate. The Symbol of Peace, All Might, entrusted me with his quirk and with it a great responsibility.

However, the One For All isn't easy to control at all... I learned that the hard way, when All Might tried to train me, which quickly turned into a night trip to Recovery Girl's residence.

That experience taught me that I have to train even harder and push my limits if I really want to fulfill my dream and keep the promise I made to my little brother.

Unfortunately, now my will and determination have been tested by a dangerous and twisted villain named Child Emperor. An S-rank villain capable of shaking the foundations of society and turning Japan upside down.

A villain who is currently holding my little brother hostage...

So, without hesitation, I began to run with all my might in the direction of Child Emperor despite the odds. "Give me back my little brother!" I exclaim firmly, completely ignoring Kacchan and Lemillion running next to me, as numerous thoughts run through my mind, each one standing out more than the last.

Even if everything seems to be going wrong!

Even when fear invades me completely!

Even if I break every one of my bones!

I stop abruptly and hold my right arm tightly as the fine lines of energy produced by my quirk begin to spread erratically throughout my body. I must concentrate! I can not fail!

Even if I end up dying!

This causes the attention of those present to focus on me, while I redirect all this energy towards my right hand, concentrating it on the tip of one of my flexed fingers and pointing quickly in the direction of Child Emperor.

I will protect my little brother! At all costs!

"SMASH!!!"

https://i.imgur.com/qDnDc7S.gif

__________________________

POV Bakugo

My goal has always been to become the number 1 hero, to be the strongest of all heroes, and to be admired by all the extras that are under my feet. In this world, only the strongest succeed and the weak are destined for failure and a miserable life.

That's the bloody natural order of things! Perfectly balanced, as everything should be!

But for some reason, when the Nerd was diagnosed as quirkless and quickly dismissed as a complete failure with no chance of becoming a hero... I wasn't able to walk away from him.