Little Manipulator

Chapter 15 Little Manipulator

3 months later.

POV Izuku

What is a hero? Ever since the day the new S-rank villain Child Emperor appeared, I've asked myself the same question over and over again.

Endeavor was a professional hero, he was one of the pillars of society, the villains were afraid of him and his mere presence of him demanded respect. Now? The name Endeavor fell out of favor after his actions destroyed a part of the city and his dark past came to light.

All caused by a villain who should be the same age as my little brother, at this, a chill runs through my entire body.

Why is he doing all this? Where are their parents? What kind of twisted family would allow something like that? Does he even have a family?

I shake my head quickly, he's a villain... Child Emperor is a villain. Due to his actions, the press has also blamed All Might for not arriving in time to prevent the disaster. All Might was not to blame!

And yet he was forced to apologize in front of the television cameras, since that day, All Might's characteristic smile disappeared.

What is really a hero? What kind of hero do I want to be? I already decided! I want to be a hero who saves everyone with an unwavering smile on my face. At this, I clench my fists with determination.

When I become a hero, I'll catch Child Emperor no matter where he hides and I'll do it with a smile on my face!

At that moment a small hand grabs the back of my shirt causing me to stop moments before a truck speeds past in front of me. I got distracted in my thoughts again, dammit!

"You should be more careful when crossing the street, you don't know when Truck-Kun may attack." My little brother says giggling with a lollipop in his mouth holding the back of my shirt with his small hand while his gaze is focused on his cell phone which he holds with his other hand.

My little brother's instincts are impressive, I'm sure Isamu will be a great pro hero in the future.

At this, my face turns red with embarrassment for being so pathetic. "Thank you, Isamu-chan." I stutter as I lean in front of him at a 90-degree angle. "I'm so sorry, I'm supposed to be the one to protect you and yet it's you who protects me." I stutter quickly. "I'm really pathetic." I whisper helplessly maintaining my bowed position.

Then Isamu taps my forehead lightly with his index finger. "My silly older brother." He says looking carefully at me. "You're not pathetic." He says with a slight shake of his head.

At that, I averted my gaze as my lip started to tremble. "Don't be so dramatic and please don't cry... just don't cry." Says my little brother quickly.

"You always know how to cheer me up." I sigh shakily as a huge smile begins to spread across my face. "Thanks." I whisper.

My little brother simply waves his hand dismissively as we both start to cross the street. "Come on, you promised me that you would take me to the park that I wanted after school." He says leading the way as his gaze returns to his phone.

Without a doubt, I have the best little brother in the world.

Shortly after, we arrived at one of the city parks, I don't understand why Isamu insisted so much on coming to this specific park.

"Why do you look at your phone so much? Is it some kind of game?" I ask with interest.

"Huh, something like that." Is all he says as his eyes scan the surroundings as if he's searching for something. "Can you buy me an ice cream?" Says my little brother pointing to an ice cream stand in the distance.