Tokyo Tower has fallen!

Chapter 50 Tokyo Tower has fallen!

POV Third Person

When the riots began, the Japanese Prime Minister was in a meeting that takes place every six months at Tokyo Tower to discuss the funding plan for the police force with Police Chief Kenji Tsuragamae. However, none of them was prepared for the resounding failure of the operation to subdue Hydra and its consequences.

Inside the now-fortified Tokyo Tower devoid of civilians and employees, a group of officials is gathered around a map of the city with tense and sweaty faces. From policemen, members of the Prime Minister's security team, and even a couple of local heroes. All this while the Japanese Prime Minister watches them with a stern look.

"We have lost control of the southern part of the city and the slums <Woof>. Riots and attacks on many hero agencies in the city have also been reported, while the police forces together with some heroes are holding a defensive line here, here, and here." Police chief Kenji Tsuragamae reports, with his intimidating dog head and his dapper suit with a Dalmatian tie, pointing his finger at some areas of the city on the map, not far from Tokyo Tower.

Although Kenji doesn't show it publicly, he internally is very concerned about this whole situation, as Hosu's police chief he had to travel to Tokyo to meet with the Prime Minister and discuss the funding of the police force. Due to his canine instincts or random fate, he decided to bring a group of his men in case something went terribly wrong and his instincts weren't wrong.

The last reports he got from Hosu, were a few riots which were quickly put down by the local heroes in conjunction with the help of the police. However, there are cities where the situation got out of hand suspiciously quickly... And Tokyo is one of those cities.

"According to the protocol, the Heroes Commission is obliged to coordinate and redistribute reinforcements in the affected areas." The Japanese Prime Minister says firmly before scowling in disgust and continuing. "The reinforcements from the Hero Commission should arrive soon and clean up all the mess they caused themselves." He muttered, waving his hand dismissively, causing an awkward silence to spread among the people in front of him, who began to look at each other nervously until all eyes landed on the Police Chief.

"My Prime Minister..." Kenji says as sweat breaks down his canine face before he swallows a lump in his throat and grits his teeth. "The Hero Commission..." He says trying to contain the tension in his voice before being abruptly interrupted by the person next to him.

"The Hero Commission will not send reinforcements." The Prime Minister's head of security intervenes quickly with a dark look. "We have lost all contact with them and from what we have been able to confirm... They have locked themselves in their impenetrable tower." He says with a firm and cutting tone of voice, causing the tension around him to be even more unbearable while the rest of those present hold their breath and look at the Prime Minister.

The silence lasted for a brief moment until the Prime Minister with his trembling hand slowly removed his glasses with a completely stunned expression before fury broke out on his face, crushing his glasses in his hands.

"This is unacceptable! The Hero Commission had a responsibility to act immediately and work together with the hero agencies and law enforcement to respond to this crisis!" The Prime Minister exclaims completely overwhelmed with anger, punching the city map hard and abruptly standing up before walking over to a huge transparent window not far from him where the city can be seen splendidly.

"Traitors! How dare they hide inside their damn tower after the mess they caused by their incompetence?!" He exclaims through clenched teeth in fury as he points to the Hydra symbol above the city of Tokyo and gazes with a hint of fear at the chaotic city below him. "We should never have given them so much power." He mutters under his breath watching the smoke billow up in the distance.