Chapter 62 Holding Out For A Hero... Part 2

Meanwhile at the Tokyo Tower

"Our convictions will be tested and we must prevail! We must fight in the cities and in the streets, we will fight in the alleys and on the corners, we will fight house to house if necessary... Because never! We never give up!" The Prime Minister exclaims in front of the cameras, clenching his fists in frustration and despair.

"A new order has begun..." He whispered helplessly, finishing reading the speech between his hands and closing his eyes in self-loathing.

At that moment, a round of loud applause is heard throughout the venue startling the Prime Minister and causing him to look at his surroundings in shock. All the Hydra agents around him were clapping loudly out of sight of the cameras, while his head of security clapped slowly behind him with a small knowing smile.

Then the prime minister's breathing became erratic and his eyes widened in terror, realizing what he had done... How many people around Japan and the world really believed his speech plagued with sinister connotations and coldly calculated trickery?

The answer is countless people and he is well aware of it. Therefore, he closes his eyes again with resignation, internally praying to any deity that can rescue him from the abyss in which he finds himself, while the cameras continue recording him...

...Holding out for a hero.

While all this was going on, a giant screen on top of one of Musutafu's downtown buildings continued to broadcast live before a hero crashed into the screen with a loud crash.

It turns out that not far from there and right in the surrounding streets, a fierce battle was taking place. "Take that! Fake hero!" A Hydra agent exclaims, wearing a fancy bartender outfit along with a peculiar white mask covering his face.

Meanwhile, the Hydra forces around the area do their best to delay law enforcement seeking to reach Child Emperor.

"We will not allow you guys to interfere with Child Emperor's plans! Hail Hydra!" He exclaims fervently, raising his fists in the air and starting to laugh out loud before suddenly a police baton slams into his stomach with force, making him fall to his knees gasping for air.

"You have the right to remain silent." Detective Naomasa snarls, knocking him out with a swift movement and handcuffing him to the door of an abandoned vehicle before continuing to run through the streets with no time to waste alongside his loyal subordinate Sansa Tamakawa.

"Detective, our forces are scattered throughout the area, so it won't be possible to regroup in time... Not to mention those twisted fanatics are on our trail." Tamakawa mutters, looking behind him at a small group of Hydra agents rapidly closing in on them. "At this rate, they'll catch up with us in no time." Tamakawa whispers contemplatively before coming to a decision and stopping abruptly.

"Tamakawa, what are you doing?!" Naomasa exclaims in confusion.

"You continue, the two students are holding out for a hero! I'll cover you!" Tamakawa exclaimed with a determined look on his cat face, sharing a serious look with the detective leaving no room for arguments.

At this, Naomasa clenches his fists in frustration before nodding his head and quickly entering a nearby alleyway without looking back. "Tamakawa... I trust you." He whispers, running through the alley and getting closer and closer to Child Emperor's location.