My Playground

Chapter 14 My Playground

POV Isamu

After traumatizing All Might the portal took me inside a completely dark room with no one else around me even the unconscious Endeavor disappeared. "Lights." I whisper as a lightbulb extends from inside my backpack and swings above me, illuminating the surroundings.

"Did I just enter the Backrooms? No, that doesn't make sense." I whisper with a slight smile on my face as I shake my head.

Some theories begin to circulate in my small brain about where I am, however, I quickly determine my situation by observing several Nomus in a vegetative state floating in a strange liquid behind glass. As far as I can see they are imperfect Nomus in their early stages.

He is trying to intimidate me.

"This place certainly has its charm." I hum with my hands in my pockets as my gaze focuses on one of the corners where my holographic visor picks up a heat signature. "Don't you think so? All For One." I say with a sly smile from behind my gas mask.

The pieces on the game board begin to move.

"So you know me... and yet you don't seem frightened by my presence." Says All For One slowly as the lights around him turn on illuminating his entire figure. He is sitting in a chair with some tubes connected to his body while his oxygen mask is next to him, revealing his disfigured face.

"You never cease to impress me, Child Emperor." He says as a crooked smile begins to spread across his face. "The kid who humiliated and possibly traumatized the symbol of peace." He says starting to clap his hands slowly. "I must admit that you are very cunning and intelligent for someone your age." He says looking at me intently as he stops clapping.

"However, there is something I still don't understand." He hums. "What is your motivation? Why did you do all that?" He asks with interest.

"I just wanted to have fun." That is all I say laughing cheekily putting my hands behind my back and swaying back and forth innocently.

"For fun?" He whispers massaging his chin. "Do you realize the magnitude of your actions? Trust in heroes has been compromised. Right now there are riots in many cities and the government has announced martial law." He says as a smile begins to spread across his face.

"All on the whim of a little kid." He says starting to laugh out loud. "You remind me of myself in my younger days." He says looking at me intently with a strange look on his face. "There is no need to hide your identity from me, after all, I can see through your mask." He says waving his hand dismissively.

"As expected of the man who terrorized Japan in his time." I sigh taking off my gas mask and taking a deep breath of fresh air exposing my face. "I need to make some adjustments to my mask." I whisper putting my gas mask in my backpack.

"I brought you here because our goals somehow align. I have a proposal for you." He says All For One with a crooked smile on his face.

"I am listening to you." I reply with a sly smile on my face by extending my arms theatrically.

__________________________

POV Third Person

"...This is a message from the Japanese government-endorsed Heroes Public Safety Commission, broadcasting on all frequencies. As of this moment, martial law is applied throughout the territory of Japan, all heroes out of service must report immediately to fulfill their duties..." The radio broadcast is repeated over and over to every hero agency in the country.