Around the World

Chapter 23 Around the World

POV All Might

Minutes before the start of the assault on the Hydra base of operations.

"Evil forces hide deep in that forest." I whisper watching the dense and silent forest in the distance. Many professional heroes are participating in this operation including my old partner, David Shield.

"Everything is very calm just like the calm before the storm." David says walking in my direction with his hands behind his back as the rest of the heroes prepare for the assault.

"You don't have to worry my friend, why? Because I am here." I say giving a thumbs up in David's direction showing my optimism.

"You're still as stubborn as ever, huh?" David laughs lightly shaking his head before moving closer to me as a severe look spreads across his face. "The plan has changed." He says seriously looking me straight in the eye. "The Hydra forces know we are here and are waiting for us." He whispers, glancing slightly at the heroes getting ready in the distance.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused as a sinking feeling settles in my stomach. The only people who know the details of the operation are the members of the assault group and a few select people from the Hero Commission.

"Hydra forces have infiltrated among the heroes." David whispers which cause my body to tense and my gaze instantly goes to the group of heroes in the distance who are preparing for the operation.

There is a traitor... Among us!

If David says so, it must be true, after all, he is very smart and possibly prepared countermeasures. So this means... "You must not trust anyone, Toshinori." He whispers shaking my hand and handing me a small GPS device away from prying eyes. "Just trust me."

Hydra can be a lot more dangerous than I imagined. However, as long as we have the likes of David Shield watching our backs the future ahead of us will be bright.

So minutes before starting the operation I separated from the main group without notifying anyone. According to the information that David provided me, one of his drones detected a kind of underground entrance to the Hydra facilities, and shortly after I approached using the GPS which took me to the front of a small armored door deep in a cave.

This is the opportunity we need.

I will take Hydra by surprise and bring these villains to justice!

At that, a heavy blow from me destroys the blast door before I speed into the Hydra facility down a long, endless, dimly lit corridor, stretching out my senses for any threat. Before long I stop and carefully observe my surroundings while a shiver runs down my spine.

I find myself in the middle of a long, dimly lit corridor that seems to have no end with some rusty doors on the sides and no one around. This is wrong...very wrong.

At that moment, my GPS begins to fail as well as any electronic device on my person as I make my way slowly down the strange corridor, and soon after I come across a huge illuminated sign with a strange message.

* Light needs darkness to exist and darkness needs light. All so that the world is not a terrible fantasy or a wonderful horror story. *

Right after reading the strange message, the lights in the distance go out as a light piano melody reaches my ears causing me to panic and quickly enter one of the rusty doors around.

However, upon entering my eyes widened in amazement to see another long, endless, and dimly lit corridor on the other side while a few inches from me is an old telephone attached to the wall.