Han - 烟花 (Firework)

(Request by @Iluvdarkue)

2023-12.31 08:00PM (20:00)

Your boyfriend Han had been giddily all day long today.

You didn't know if it was because of the new year coming up, or if he just was in a funny mood.

Well at least he's happy.

Right now you were finishing up making the last bits of dinner, while Han was on a call with one of the members.

"Han-ah! Food is ready!" You called, hoping he would hear.

After a minute of silence, a: "Just a minute!" was stressed down from upstairs.

You patiently waited at the table for him to finish up.

Precisely he came down a minute after. "Sorry." He apologised, and quickly kissed the top of your head before taking the seat beside you.

"What did you talk about?" You asked and began eating.

"Oh uhm.. Lyric ideas, choreography corrections. Stuff like that. The usual, you know?" He quickly brushed off with a smile and stuffed his cheeks with food.

"If you say so..."  You thought.

After a well eaten meal, there were only 2 hours left till January!

You started taking the tableware off the table, but Han stopped you.

"Go put your jacket on. I'll finish this for you." He told with the biggest grin on his face.

Confused at his weird behaviour you went out to the coat rack.

Han came shortly after. You mentally questioned, if he had just put all the plates in the sink, as his speed was concerningly faster than yours.

"Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" He rushed and jumped up and down, forcing you out.

He pushed you out to the car and opened the door for you.

"Well thank you." You said and chuckled.

He quickly ran to the other side and plugged himself in.

"Where are we going?" You asked, not expecting an answer.

"You'll see!" He answered.

Yup, exactly as you foresighted.

Suddenly he got a call from Lee Know.

"Sorry, I gotta take this." He apologised. "Hello Hyung... Yeah we're on the way... No, she doesn't know... Don't tease me! This is a normal thing... Don't worry I remembered it... Yeah, Baii." The call ended.

You decided not to question how Lee Know was involved in this.

-A car drive later. The time is now 23:30-

You arrived at park. Han nearly tripped while running over to open the car door for you.

"Close your eyes." He asked.

You closed them and held Han tightly while walking. Suddenly he stopped.

"You can open them now." He told excited.

Han had led you to a beautiful, lit area of the park, where a blanket had been placed with a bunch of different, overly gorgeous, random stuff.

"This is amazing Han." You told surprised.

"You think so? Come sit down!" He chirped happily.

There were many other people around, but it felt like it was just the two of you.

You chatted for about twenty-five more minutes before Han got up.

"It's time for me to reveal the real purpose of this is." He said.

You looked at him confused. Was there something else to this?

He fiddled with something in one of his pockets before taking out a piece of paper from the other.

"I remember the first time I met you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was about 2 years ago. It was a day where I didn't do so well at the company." He chuckled nervously and continued:

"I was so tired when I crossed the road, that I didn't notice a car was coming straight towards me. Luckily you were there and quickly pulled me away."

You smiled at him. Yeah, you remembered that.

Han started getting down on one knee, and grinned when he saw the surprised look on your face.

"Y/N. Without you I probably wouldn't be alive today. You mean so much to me, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He went into his pocket again and fiddled a box out.

"If you don't mind Love... Will you marry me?" He asked and opened the box, showing the most beautiful ring.

"SURPRISEEEE!!!" Every Stray Kids member shouted and jumped out from a bush. To make it even more perfect, the clock ticked midnight, and the sky lit up with fireworks in all the colours of the rainbow.

"Well, what do you say?" Han asked, with the biggest smile.

"Yes!!!" You cheerfully exclaimed and leaped into his arms.

This was the perfect start for the new year.