Chapter 117 - Loving Lily

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Severus opened his eyes to the gentle whisper of Lily's sweet voice.

The melody of the lullaby she sang echoed through the air as he sat up in bed and watched her pace the floor of their bedroom with the baby boy  in her arms.

Severus frowned as he listened to the infant's whimper as Lily deftly stroked the fuzzy tufts of rich, black hair that covered his  tiny head.

"You should have woken me, my love." Severus drawled, his deep voice rough with the lingering drowsiness of deep sleep.

"You were resting so well, Sev." Lily giggled as she glanced over at her husband, "The last thing I wanted was to disturb you."

Severus kept his frown as Lily walked over to the bed and sat at his side.

He carefully helped ease her back onto the high nest of pillows that had been piled close to the headboard before he lovingly tucked the duvet around her.

"He's adorable, isn't (s)he?" Lily asked as she smiled down at the baby.

"Our son and his wife should return by this afternoon," Severus drawled, "I'm certain they'll be pleased with the care we've taken of our grandson."

Lily's emerald eyes sparkled as she glanced up into Severus's face and whispered, "I love you, Sev."

"And I love you, Lily." Severus whispered as he deftly pulled his wife into his embrace, mindful of the baby.

Their eyes locked as Severus vowed without hardly moving his lips, "........Always."

Lily raised her free hand and placed it on Severus's cheek before they leaned towards each other.

As their lips met in a soft kiss of undying affection, Mr. And Mrs. Snape closed their eyes.

They had spent the last decade enjoying the blissful solace of undisturbed family life.

Severus and Lily looked forward to the many joys that the next years would surely bring.

—————————————————————-

Early that fine September morning, Harriet walked next to Draco as they moved down Platform Nine and Three-Quarters.

A  blonde little girl reluctantly followed them.

"Delphi.....?" Harriet asked as she glanced behind herself to ensure her daughter's continued presence.

"I'm here, Mum." Delphini Malfoy sighed as they came to a stop a short ways from the Hogwarts Express.

"It's nearly time to board, sweetheart." Harriet smiled as she and Draco turned towards the girl.

Delphini's deep, gray eyes scanned between them both as a worried frown marred her fair face, "....I don't want to leave....I want to go home with you and Daddy."

"The holidays will be here before you know it, my darling." Draco smiled, ".....By then, you won't want to leave the castle!"

"Your father's right, sweetheart." Harriet nodded, "You'll have so many adventures at Hogwarts, you won't even notice the time passing."

Delphini gasped as the train whistle blew.

"Go on." Harriet smiled as she nodded again, "We'll be here on the Platform until the train pulls away."

Delphini shook her head nervously, "I don't want to-"

"-Hey, Delphi!" A familiar voice called out behind her.

Delphini blinked as she turned around.

A boy her age with bright red hair and light blue eyes smiled, "I forgot you'd be here today too! Shall we sit together?"

Harriet took Draco's hand and gave it a squeeze as she noticed Ron and Hermione further down the platform, watching their son.

"Oh! Hello, Hugo.....Yeah, I.....I don't know why I didn't, um......Yeah, sure, I'll sit with you." Delphi nodded.

She turned to hug each of her parents before she climbed onto the train while she chatted with her friend.

"Study hard!" Draco called before Delphini disappeared, "Mind your schoolwork!"

"Your grandfather will be watching!" Harriet laughed as Delphini gave them a quick smile.

As the two couples waved goodbye to their children, Harriet leaned her head on Draco's chest.

She sighed as he slipped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her head.

The couple had been married surprisingly quickly after the war's end.

The mysterious birth of their daughter had been formally announced a mere three months later.

The idea of him as Delphini's true sire was ridiculous, but there had been many days during the last ten years when Draco had found himself often believing his own lie.

"Ready to go home, Mrs. Malfoy?" He asked,

Harriet grinned at him as she laughed and replied, "As soon as we've said hello."

Draco stayed steadfastly at her side while they went over and spoke to Ron and Hermione.

What did he care if their return to Malfoy Manor was delayed by an hour?

Draco had already received what he wanted most in the world.

Harriet, Ellery, the children.....The Snape family would continue to flourish, but Severus would continue loving Lily until the end of time.

—————————————————————

Can't believe we've come to the end of this one! To my beta and all who have read, followed, Kudoed, and commented along the way, thank you for your kindness and support! I sincerely hope you've enjoyed the story!