Chapter 50 - Introductions

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Harriet raced out of the castle with Ron and Hermione following closely behind as the Golden Trio scurried down to Hagrid's hut.

As soon as Harriet knocked on the door and heard no response, she nodded at her friends and said, "Right.....come on, then, Hagrid said it's alright if I feed him when he's away."

Ron and Hermione exchanged nervous glances as Harriet boldly opened the door to Hagrid's hut and stepped inside the gamekeeper's humble house.

Having visited Hagrid many times before, the Golden Trio knew their way around his home quite well, but it was Harriet who deliberately marched over to the small cage close to the hearth and crouched next to it.

Ron and Hermione followed her lead as they knelt at her sides and gazed at the small, red and yellow snake inside.

"Hello," Harriet hissed to Anuman in Parseltongue, "These are my friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. They wanted to meet you."

"Why?" Anuman hissed back.

"Because that's what friends do." Harriet answered.

Hermione's amber eyes flickered warily from Harriet to the snake.

An expression of awe came across Ron's face as he watched their conversation and exclaimed, "Wicked!"

"What's it saying?" Hermione asked Harriet.

"He." Harriet corrected.

"Sorry." Hermione said quickly, "What's he saying?"

"He's asking questions." Harriet said with a smile as she gazed down at Anuman, "He usually does ask loads of questions."

Harriet was considerate enough not to impose on Hagrid or bother Anuman for too long.

A few moments later, she led Ron and Hermione out of Hagrid's Hut and back to the castle.

As they walked up the stone steps, they chatted with each other excitedly.

"It's really something to watch you speak Parseltongue!" Ron told Harriet, "I've never heard someone do it before!"

Harriet smiled proudly but Hermione frowned as she said, "The poor thing still looks rather bad."

"His injuries are much better than they were!" Harriet reassured her friend, "He's making progress every day."

"What are you going to do with him?" Ron asked.

"......What?" Harriet blinked.

"When he gets better......bigger." Ron shrugged, "You said Hagrid can't keep him and your parents won't let you have a snake......So what are you going to do with him?"

Harriet shook her head as she replied, "They might take him back to where he came from...If not, I'll......I'll probably just ask my parents' friend for help. He has a huge pet snake, you know, he'll understand."

"How huge?" Ron asked.

"HUGE." Harriet said as she widened her eyes for emphasis.

As they finished their walk, Harriet informed both of her friends in great detail about Nagini, although she omitted the name of the snake and her keeper.

—————————————————————

Mornings at the Snape family's home had become very different since Ellery had started attending Hogwarts.