Chapter 31 - Unexpected Guest

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Severus's friends had been quick to congratulate him on the birth of his second child.

Ellery had only been in the world for a fortnight when the Malfoys visited the Snapes' humble cottage one afternoon.

Harriet sat on Severus's lap while Draco stood next to his mother's knee with a frown as he looked at the other family.

"He's incredibly handsome, Severus." Narcissa smiled.

There was a sharpness in her blue eyes that Lily didn't appreciate as the witch across from her paid her husband a compliment but purposely chose to neglect her.

"Thank you, Narcissa.....Laima and I are very proud." Severus replied as he stretched his arm around Lily while they sat side by side on the sofa.

The baby whimpered slightly in his mother's grasp, which prompted Lily to glance down and cuddle him closer.

"I'm glad that you can finally know the joys of having a son, Severus." Lucius nodded, although his grey eyes briefly skimmed over Lily's amplified curves.

Severus scowled at his friend's glance before Lucius met his stare as if nothing had happened.

"It feels lovely, doesn't it? The security that there will be someone to carry on your legacy one day." Lucius quipped.

"Both of my children have my full affection, Lucius." Severus nodded, "However.....I am relieved that my son's entry into this world went well."

"Of course." Lucius agreed, "The anticipation is the worst part."

"I beg to differ!" Narcissa chided with a laugh as she threw Lucius an irritated smirk.

"For husbands, it is, 'Cissa." He shrugged.

Lily remained quiet as she cuddled her baby, relieved that she had the excuse of not knowing English well.

While she had no issue with Lucius, she felt little desire to engage in conversation with Narcissa.

Harriet tried to wriggle off of Severus's lap until he helped her down to the floor.

He watched as she toddled over to Draco, picked up some of her toys from the floor, and began to show them all in great detail.

The conversation fell silent as the adults looked on and watched their children play.

Lily used a concealing spell once baby Ellery whimpered from hunger to give her small son his meal while the others were distracted.

Once his tiny tummy had been filled, the infant fell asleep.

Harriet and Draco weren't far behind him as they yawned and used their tiny hands to rub their large eyes.

It surprised Severus when Lily gently passed the baby to him and stood from the sofa.

As she glanced over, Severus used a quick, nonverbal bit of Legilimency to read her thoughts before he looked at Narcissa and nodded, "You're welcome to use Harriet's nursery if Draco needs to rest."

"Oh, that's alright, Severus. He usually stays awake in the afternoons." Narcissa answered politely.

Lucius gently elbowed his wife in the ribs as he whispered, "No, he doesn't! Don't be difficult, take the boy upstairs."

Narcissa threw her husband a scowl before she smiled tersely at Laima and stood to her feet.

Together, the two women walked over to their drowsy children before they lifted Harriet and Draco into their arms.