Chapter 60 - Severus's Dismay

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

The long-awaited Death Eater meeting was held on one of July's hottest evenings.

That night, Malfoy Manor's dining room was filled with Voldemort's most elite followers, including Severus, Lily, Bellatrix Leatrange, the Malfoys themselves, and a plethora of other notable Dark Witches and Wizards.

Ellery sat between Severus and Harriet as he glanced around nervously.

Harriet was eager to show off the new summer robes Lily had purchased for her.

To her great dismay, Draco was also present. He sat across the table, next to his own parents, though Harriet didn't notice the looks of admiration he cast at her between the hateful scowls they threw at each other.

Draco silently wished he and Harriet would be asked to leave the room.

Then perhaps he could come close enough to let her notice he had worn his father's expensive cologne.

They could walk down the hall and pause by the window to admire the bright moonlight.

As they gazed into each other's eyes, Draco would lean in.......

He would whisper a sentence of pure love before Harriet fell helplessly into his arms and pressed her lips against his for-

A sudden jolt of unwelcome collision interrupted Draco's fantasy as he looked under the table with a furious scowl to see Harriet's foot slinking away from his.

"What are you staring at, Malfoy?!" Harriet hissed while the adults all busied themselves with their own conversations as they waited for the Dark Lord to make his appearance.

"How ugly you look in that ridiculous outfit, Snape!" Draco shot back with a hateful sneer.

Harriet clenched her jaw as she resisted the urge to launch herself across the table and engage her enemy in hands-on combat when the doors to the grand, gothic room were suddenly thrown open.

The many ongoing chats ended as everyone rose while Voldemort proudly strode in, took his seat, and motioned for everyone to sit back down.

Behind him walked a tall, rugged man with a thick patch of dark hair on his wide chest, exposed by his partially open shirt.

Harriet, Draco, and Ellery all blinked as they watched the towering man take heavy, ominous steps towards Voldemort.

Lily reached under the table and grabbed Severus's hand, which he squeezed tightly in his own.

"Firstly, I would like to thank you all for coming tonight." Voldemort said with a wicked grin as he gestured around the table with his pale hand, "It does please me to know I have such loyal friends!"

Harriet watched as the large man came to stand directly beside Voldemort.

"Secondly," The Dark Lord grinned, "I'd like to express my great pleasure that we have so many new, promising faces with us this evening. Several of our youngest generation..." He nodded at Ellery and Draco, "Including our very own dear Harriet!" He laughed as he stared at Severus and Lily's daughter.

Quiet applause circled the table, but Voldemort silenced it quickly with an irritated wave of his hand.

"In addition to that!" He exclaimed as his eyes widened in excitement, ".........I can proudly announce that our cause has won a huge victory in these last months......While our world largely shuns those afflicted with Lycanthropy, I myself see the value of these noble individuals....Our latest recruit, Fenrir Greyback, has come this evening to express the great joy those who suffer from his condition feel at being invited to join our mighty legion!"