Chapter 105 - My Darling, My Love

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Harriet blinked as she slowly opened her eyes.

While consciousness gradually returned to her hazy mind, she groaned as she heard the whispering of voices nearby.

A door opened.

Someone went out..........

.............And someone came closer.

A dark shape appeared.

".......Dad?" Harriet blinked as she furrowed her brow until Severus's pale face came into focus.

"Good.......you're awake at last." Severus remarked in his cutting drawl.

Harriet looked over and noticed the vast array of vials that stood on the nightstand while Severus reached over and uncorked one of the tallest glass pieces.

"What's all that?" She asked as she hastily sat up.

"Still.....be still." Severus said quickly as he reached out and used one hand to gently push her back against the pillows, "........I can't possibly let harm befall you. Forgetting my own implications, your mother and your lover will be beside themselves if they hear of another incident.......especially so very soon."

"Mom....." Harriet sputtered in confusion before she sat up again and asked, "Mom was there?! Did Mom see what happened?!"

"No, but she saw your wounds." Severus said very matter-of-factly while he pressed a cool cloth down on Harriet's aching shoulder, "That was enough to send her into a fit of worry."

"It's not that serious." Harriet confidently determined as she yawned while her fingers pressed over Severus's, "......I'll be fine, really."

"Yes, I'll wager that after you escape my and your mother's care, you'll be perfectly fine indeed, although it may be some time before you rejoin your........friends." Severus let the last word fall from his mouth as if it were some sort of taboo insult.

".......What are you talking about, Dad?" Harriet asked as Severus placed a couple drops of fluid from the tall, glass bottle onto the bandage that covered her injured shoulder, "I'm alright, there may be a few accidents, but I can look after myself."

"The midwife was summoned here immediately after you and Draco arrived last night." Severus slowly revealed.

Harriet's mouth slowly dropped open as he explained, "After a quick examination and several carefully told lies from your mother, she determined you should remain supervised until the birth.......and within the safety of your own home."

Harriet's eyes widened.

She shot forth with such ferocity that Severus could not hold her down as she exclaimed, "Have you gone mad?! I can't stay here!"

"Quiet......." Severus warned her in a biting hiss.

Harriet scowled as an act of quiet protest but in a rare moment of obedience, she humored her father and lay back.

"We'll never find what we need to find and do what we need to do as long as I'm lying here." She huffed as Severus gently tended her bandage.

"Nor will anything productive be accomplished if your foolish pursuits end with your lifeless body lying on a heap of all the others." He quietly quipped.

Harriet's green eyes moved over to him in a single second as her eyes narrowed.

"A lady in your condition can often suffer from issues with magical talent at a time like this." Severus revealed, "I understand your determination to persevere, but your insolent negligence to the reality you find yourself faced with is nothing short of.....irresponsible."