Chapter 62 - Never Falter, Never Forsake

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

The following evening, Hogwarts' students and staff anxiously waited to learn who would be chosen as school champions for the Triwizard Tournament.

Severus and Lily sat with their coworkers as they watched from their seats at the High Table.

The Great Hall buzzed with excitement.

Harriet chatted with Ron and Hermione while Draco scowled over at her as Crabbe and Goyle chortled to one another.

The Beauxbatons seemed content to giggle amongst themselves.

Ellery and Gabrielle exchanged a single, poignant glance of repressed shyness.

The students from Durmstrang wore solemn expressions on their faces, as if they waited for a subtle signal to engage in some sort of important battle.

After dinner finally concluded, the place settings vanished as Dumbledore approached the Goblet of Fire.

Whispers and laughter quieted as he waved a hand and dimmed the flaming lamps on the walls.

"Very well, then......" He called as every eye in the room fell on the Goblet, "The Triwizard Champions will now be revealed."

Harriet exchanged apprehensive smiles with her friends.

Dumbledore placed his hand over the Goblet and swiftly pulled it away as a bright burst of blue flame shot from its mouth to send a small piece of parchment floating to the floor.

Before it could land, Dumbledore caught it and read aloud, "Viktor Krum.......The chosen champion of Durmstrang!"

Wild cheers erupted throughout the Great Hall.

Viktor's peers all congratulated him with shouts of joy and playful shoves before he stepped forward to collect the scrap of parchment from Dumbledore with a proud nod.

"I told you he'd make it!" Ron nearly screamed at Hermione and Harriet in ecstacy, "I TOLD YOU!"

"Yes, Ron, you told us." Harriet sighed.

Her humor earned a suppressed giggle from Hermione, but Ron failed to notice as he gazed at his hero, wide-eyed.

After Viktor nodded respectfully at everyone in the Great Hall and walked away, Dumbledore approached the Goblet of Fire a second time to pass his hand over the magical artifact again.

Another burst of azure flame sent a blue scrap of parchment dancing daintily through the air, which Dumbledore promptly grabbed.

He stared down at the parchment as he read aloud, "Fleur Delacour.......The chosen champion of Beauxbatons!"

Happy squeals sounded as Fleur stepped forward with a beautiful smile.

She gladly shook Dumbledore's hand as she took her scrap of parchment and resumed her seat.

"You owe me five Knuts, Hermione." Harriet whispered, "Told you she'd make it, she's the most popular."

"Popularity doesn't dictate talent or skill." Hermione huffed as she shot Harriet a glare.

"......I don't really think they're too worried about talent or skill." Harriet blinked as she gazed at the glamourous, fair students of Beauxbaton in their identical, feminine, silky uniforms, "Besides, haven't you heard?"

"Heard what?" Hermione scowled.

"Fred told me Fleur's grandmother was a Veela." Harriet shrugged, "That has to count for something, right?"