Chapter 103 - Next

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Harriet conversed with her friends through letters, as well as Draco and her parents once the initial shock of the situation began to lessen.

To her dismay, the group decided that it would be best to stay at Malfoy Manor for the foreseeable future, both to give her friends an advantage while she distracted Voldemort and to give her body the chance to rest in an actual bed for a while.

Draco gladly gave up his room for his darling.

The mere thought of Harriet sleeping in his bed made him want to sigh, whether he was there beside her or not.

As he spent one long night after another in a guest suite down the hall of the wing she occupied, he often frowned to himself while he dreamed.

He was no fool, he had noticed that Tom Riddle seemed to get weaker and weaker with each destroyed horcrux.

It gave Draco a lifeline of hope to wonder about what would happen if Tom ceased to exist with Voldemort's defeat.

As strong as his beloved was, as independent, and as fierce, she may welcome a bit of help if she found herself to be a new mother of a fatherless child.

—————————————————————

Young Tom Riddle was not much more merciful of a leader than the older version of himself.

With Harriet gone, he ordered Hermione and Ron around as if they were working employees who depended upon his every command to keep their salaries, instead of comrades who had agreed to assist with the many missions that lay ahead of themselves out of their own kind hearts.

Having no reasons to display his good qualities for his two companions, Tom was often blunt with his words and thoughtless with his actions.

Ron and Hermione followed along as best they could while he led them here and there on the hunt for the next horcrux during the following weeks.

Unlike Harriet, Tom had no patience, very little tact, and an uncontrollable temper whenever he caught anyone making a mistake.

One night after dinner, Tom stalked off to his tent and left Ron and Hermione by the fire while they chatted.

"You did well today." Hermione nodded reassuringly at Ron, "Don't let him tell you otherwise. I think he's frustrated......It seems to frustrate him whenever we don't find one."

"I don't care what he says." Ron frowned as he shrugged off Hermione's compliment, "I just want this all to end. I can't believe we've lost Harriet."

"We haven't lost Harriet." Hermione corrected him as she shook her head, "She'll be back as soon as she finishes putting up a good front........Another few days and she'll be with us again, you'll see."

Ron looked at Hermione for a long moment before he turned to stare into the fire's dancing flames.

He forced himself to be patient with Hermione, knowing that she had no younger siblings and little experience with the situation they faced.

Ron had been barely old enough to remember, but he could vaguely recall his mother lying on the sofa and in bed the months before Ginny had been born.

Did Hermione really not realize they had an entirely new clock to race against?

————————————————————

To keep up appearances, the following morning, Draco made his way down to his room, intent on checking to see how Harriet had fared after yet another lonely night.

Loving Lily: A Snily StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara