Chapter 2 - Lily's Troubles

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Severus was very glad the following day was Saturday, that meant he was free to give Lily his undivided attention without the burden of teaching classes.

For him, the previous night had been mostly restless.

Although he had a pillow and a blanket on the sofa, he was too worried about his guest to sleep.

Every hour or so, Severus poked his head through the cracked door to the bedroom, compelled to make sure that Lily was alright.

When dawn finally broke, Severus's eyes opened for the tenth time since he had laid down and he abandoned his futile pursuit of slumber.

Severus rose, quickly washed up for the day, cleaned his robes with a hasty spell, and then silently entered the room to sit down beside Lily.

He watched her sleep for a while as the sun climbed higher in the sky.

As the light gradually drifted over her, he took advantage of the unhindered moment he had to admire her beauty.

Perhaps it was her condition, but her cheeks were pleasantly blushed, her feathery lashes brushed along the tops of her elegant cheeks while she laid there sleeping with her lustrous, red hair sprawled behind her head on the pillow.

Severus tried very hard not to let his gaze wander down to the ample swells of Lily's breasts that heaved with each rise and fall of her chest, tucked away in her clothes, but their outline remained unmistakably visible over the top of the duvet, which concealed the evidence of her union with his enemy.

Severus lost track of time as he sat there and looked at Lily.

He could very well have been there forever if she had stayed in her deep slumber.

Severus felt his heart skip a beat when her green eyes finally cracked open and she blinked at him groggily.

"Good morning." Severus rumbled.

".......Good morning." Lily replied.

Madam Pomfrey's words echoed back to him as Lily tried to fight off her sleepiness.

When she wakes in the morning, make sure she has her wits about her.

"What's your name?" Severus asked flatly.

Lily stared at him for a moment and then she replied, "My name is Lily Potter, er.......Lily Evans."

Severus ignored her edited answer although it secretly filled him with glee.

Instead of dwelling on the matter, he moved on to his next question, "What's my name?"

"Severus Snape." Lily replied.

"And where are you?" Severus asked.

"........Hogwarts." Lily answered after she glanced around at the stone walls.

Severus was relieved that her mind seemed to be unharmed, but he asked one final question to test her ability to think, "Very good......Is the mascot of Ravenclaw a horse or a bear?"

"A......." Lily started to answer, then her lips twisted into a smile of amusement at Severus's cunning, ".....A bird, an eagle!"

"Excellent work, Ms. Evans, full marks on your exam this morning." Severus replied in his low drawl.

Lily smiled up at him for a moment and he could tell that she was trying to rouse herself fully so he stood from his seat and added, "I'll let you......prepare yourself for the day. When you're ready, there'll be tea waiting in the living room. Is there anything I can get for you? Anything that you'd like?..... Or need?"