Chapter 46 - Voldemort's Heroism

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Tom Riddle's diary remained hidden amongst Harriet's belongings as the last honey-sweet weeks of that lovely summer drifted by.

Severus woke early one morning from a delightful dream with his left hand full of something that felt buttery soft.

He cracked his black eyes open and noticed that Lily laid half on his chest, half on the bed.

In her fitful sleep, her nightdress had slipped off of her shoulder and Severus had managed to gently grasp her naked breast in his palm.

He drew in a breath as he respectfully let go of his wife, but she spoke to him in a deep sigh with her eyes still closed, "No, Sev, don't stop."

Severus blinked in surprise as he studied the anguished frown of tension on Lily's pale face.

"My love.....?" He asked as he obediently cupped her warm breast in his hand, ".......Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." Lily whispered as she cracked her brilliant, green eyes open to blink at him with a pout on her face, "Kiss me, won't you?"

Severus's breath hitched as he closed his eyes and moved to meet Lily's lips with his own.

It was as gentle as it was intimate while they clutched onto each other under the sheets.

As the sun rose in the late summer sky, Severus and Lily indulged themselves by reminding one another about the great love they shared.

Despite the sweet sentiment that had permeated their pleasurable endeavors, Severus couldn't help but frown at the way Lily kept her eyes closed as she lay on his chest during the moments immediately after their coupling.

"Lily.....?" Severus asked. Instead of pressing his wife with more empty questions, he phrased his inquiry as an order that he hoped she wouldn't ignore, "Tell me what's the matter."

".......I'm trying not to vomit." Lily whispered under her breath.

Severus gently slipped her off of his shoulder as he sat up with a scowl and exclaimed, "Lily!.......Are you ill?! Why didn't you mention anything before we-"

"-It's coming in waves, Sev." She sighed as she raised a hand to her head, "The worst of it was when I first woke, then it got a little better, lots better.......now it's all rushing back."

Severus's expression tensed as if he were in great pain as he stared at his darling and studied her closely.

His dark eyes widened as a possibility presented itself while he thought.

"Are your breasts sore?" He asked.

"No......." Lily replied with a sigh. The next statement that fell from her lips acknowledged the quiet fear they both held, ".........Not yet."

She slowly rolled onto her side and pushed herself up with one arm while she laid a hand on her pale face.

Severus frowned as he reached out and began to gently rub soothing circles into her back.

His voice trembled as he dared to ask, "My love, do you think it may be possible-"

"How can that be, Sev?" Lily questioned with a small gasp of exasperation, "After nearly ten years of strict Contraceptive Potion use? I know my cycle, I take a dose every night before bed......You watch me do it!"

Severus bent forward and gently placed a sweet, loving kiss on the side of Lily's cheek before he rose from the bed and went downstairs.

She lamented his abscense for the next ten minutes while she resisted the debilitating urge to lean over and retch onto the floorboards.