Chapter 43 - Aftermath

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Dumbledore saw to the hasty rescue of Severus and Harriet, the removal of Quirrell's remains, and the recovery of the Philosopher's Stone.

Harriet and Severus both spent the next week recovering in the Hospital Wing with Lily and Ellery attentively at their bedsides, day and night.

Harriet was released first, though she continued to spend every available second out of the classroom with her family at her father's bedside.

The other professors substituted for Severus during those last days of the semester, much to the delight of many of his students, who greatly enjoyed having more amiable instructors for the time being.

Madam Pomfrey finally sent Severus home to complete his recovery during the last week of the spring term while he, Lily, and Ellery waited on Harriet to return once the academic year officially ended.

Ellery played outside quite a bit.

He also preferred to stay up and sleep in late.

His schedule worked to Severus and Lily's mutual advantage as they spent their early mornings cuddling together.

Mornings were one of Severus's favourite times of day since he always woke to Lily kissing him gently as she whispered soft words of love to him.

Severus would hold her close and nuzzle gently into her soft, red tresses while she reassured him that everything would be alright, complimented his bravery, pressed her full breasts against his chest, and let his fingers give them a gentle squeeze......

The morning before Harriet returned home for the summer was no different.

Severus cracked his eyes open that day to find himself greeted by the fresh sunlight that shone behind Lily, who gazed down at him with her emerald eyes sparkling brightly and her red lips curved in a happy smile.

He let out a breath as he pondered how ethereal his beloved looked in that moment, with the sunlight kissing her hair like a great, glittering crown.

"Good morning, Sev." Lily whispered with a smile.

"Good morning, Lily." Severus frowned as he watched her lift a hand to gently cup his face.

"Sleep well?" She asked as she bent down and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips.

".....Perhaps too well." He whispered after she pulled away agonizingly soon.

Lily chuckled as she let her thumb gently stroke Severus's cheek while she mused, "You're looking better and better every day, Sev."

"I'm feeling better and better every day." He admitted with a relieved sigh, "I suppose I'm more grateful than ever that Harriet considers me her father."

"Really?" Lily blinked.

"Why shouldn't I be?" Severus blinked back.

"Well....You never would have had to face Quirrell if she hadn't been born." Lily commented with a bittersweet frown before she laughed, "Your life would be easier without her!"

"Lily, that's not true." Severus disagreed as he furrowed his brow.

"Look what's happened recently......Voldemort sought the stone to protect himself against her." She whispered, "Think of all the other things he's done."

"No, my love." Severus gently corrected her, "The Dark Lord sought the Philosopher's Stone as another path to immortality. Harriet may have hastened his want, but he would have already searched for it before her birth if he had learned of its whereabouts. Do not underestimate his greed.......The prophecy and Harriet's existence may have increased his avarice, but I assure you, should neither of those things have ever happened, his lust for power and victory would still be unmatchable."