Chapter 34 - Severus's Lesson

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Severus quickly began his search.

He and Lucius had no interest in participating in such a despicable deed, but as they raced to discover a plausible method of thwarting the Dark Lord's murderous plan, they appeased him by appearing to carry out their assigned errand.

For several weekends, the Malfoys and Snapes visited popular places of muggle interest while they posed as seemingly normal families.

As they operated under the pretense of investigating the best locations for an attack against the unarmed and unprotected, Lily suggested they view a film at a regular cinema.

Narcissa and Lucius had never been to a movie theater before and they had certainly never watched a muggle film, but little Draco blinked his grey eyes in awed wonder as his parents walked with him up to the box office.

"Which of these.....films....is best suited for children?" Lucius asked as the four adults stared up at the posters that displayed what entertainment the theater had available for viewing.

"That one is probably the best choice." Lily nodded as she pointed at a large picture full of smiling, animated characters.

".........Is that some sort of drawing?" Narcissa asked as she narrowed her eyes.

"A bunch of drawings put together, more like." Lily laughed.

She cleared her throat and swallowed nervously as Lucius and Narcissa turned to stare at her with suspicious frowns.

Surrounded by the peaceful normalcy of the muggle world, Lily had forgotten who she claimed to be.

"Laima's done well with the English lessons I've given her." Severus quickly explained.

Lucius nodded.

".......Apparently so, Severus." Narcissa answered.

Although her tone sounded polite, she didn't take her fierce, blue eyes off of Lily as her gaze bore into Severus's wife with the utmost distrust.

—————————————————————

After the tickets and popcorn had been purchased, the two families walked down the theater's darkened corridor and found seats in the appropriate room.

Draco crawled onto his mother's lap after Narcisaa and Lucius had sat down.

Lily had purposely placed herself between Narcissa and Severus, which prompted Mrs. Malfoy to throw an unappreciative glare in her direction.

Severus watched his wife bend to kiss Ellery's little head as he slept cuddled against her before he turned to Harriet and opened his arms for her.

"No, Daddy, I want my seat!" Harriet told Severus as she toddled over and reached towards the empty theater seat next to him.

Lily smiled as she watched Severus lean over and help Harriet up while he sighed, "There you are, then. You mustn't wiggle about when the film starts though, understand?"

"Alright, Daddy." She blinked at Severus as she plopped down on her little bottom.

He noticed that Harriet's miniature frame didn't even take up the entire theater seat.

Severus cautiously kept a hand on the edge of the chair's cushion.

"Very good." He nodded.

Once the previews began to roll on the screen, Severus removed his hand from Harriet's seat as she gazed up at the images with wide eyes.