Chapter 106 - Shame

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Healing from her wounds proved to be a slow, painful process, even with the assistance of the many concoctions her father administered to her injuries day and night.

Harriet's forceful confinement to the grim chambers of Malfoy Manor was a great detriment to her mission, certainly, but her imprisonment weighed more on her mind than even those aware of the delicate situation knew.

Against her parents' wishes, she read The Daily Prophet each morning and evening, although the midwife who came to check on her daily did often warn of her rising blood pressure.

As Harriet read over the headlines one evening that detailed Voldemort's latest attack, which had ended with twelve dead and seventeen wounded, Harriet could bear the guilt of uselessly lying in bed no longer.

She tossed the paper aside as she stood to her feet and began to rummage through her temporary room.

"It's got to be here somewhere....." She hissed under her breath as she opened each drawer and pillaged through every object inside to search for her wand, "They have to have put it somewhere close, just in case I need it." 

An hour passed, then two.

Harriet felt her heart begin to pound as her head seemed to grow lighter and lighter.

She grit her teeth at how weak she had become.

Her frustration only fueled her desire to find her wand and leave immediately.

As the war progressed, so would her condition.

What was she supposed to do?

Sit and wait to become completely worthless or get up and defeat Voldemort while she still had a chance?

Her hands paused when her vision began to go black.

She sighed as her pulse pounded while the blood rushed past her ears as she reached out and fumbled to let her fingers collide with the wood of the dresser.

Harriet gasped as she managed to catch the edge of the furniture's surface, worriedly hobbling along until she could reach out and grasp the bedcovers to pull herself back onto the soft mattress.

As she laid on her side and clasped both hands over her throbbing head, she sucked in a breath as she thought.

How could she possibly fight a war when standing up was a struggle?

————————————————————

Unlike Harriet, Draco did not suffer from physical impairments.

In one smooth motion that same evening, he apparated to the camp his darling had previously shared with her friends to give his scheduled status report.

Ron and Hermione were out gathering dinner.

Unfortunately for Draco, Tom was the only one present in their camp when he arrived with a loud pop and an ungraceful plop on the ground.

"How many times have you apparated, Draco Malfoy?" Tom asked with a spiteful smirk as he glanced over and watched his rival dust himself off.

"Never mind that!" Draco snapped, "I've come to bring everyone a bit of news! Where are Weasley and Granger?!"

"Out looking for something to eat." Tom shrugged, "How is Harriet? Is my lover doing well?"

Tom purposely referenced his relationship with Harriet, grinning as he watched Draco's face shift in anguish as he mentioned the truth of where her heart lay.