Thirty seven

Melody's pov

Sitting in my pastry class writing notes as I talk to my new friend Fred. He's the only person I connected with in this class. We're the only two black people and he's very sweet. He's five eleven and I think he's a cute. He's chubby and always has a smile on his face.

"Are you sure I don't want to feel out of place," he said and I waved him off. I invited him to my baby shower. "My family is very friendly plus I don't have a lot of friends. You'll be my only real company besides my husband." I said playfully rolling my eyes.

He laughed at me then our class ended. He helped me out my seat "I can't believe your married all the good ones always taken," he said making me laugh. "Not all there's someone out there," I said and he playfully rolled his eyes.

He helped me walked downstairs where my dad stood. "My dad here to pick me up," I said making him frown. "Still not driving?" He asked I shook my head no. "I don't want to chance with the twins. I never liked driving if it was up to me I'll walk," I told him and he laughed. "You look like you're about to buss and you want to walk?" He asked and I nod.

"Yeah but my husband and fathers are over protective," I said as he walked me to the car. "How you feeling big girl?" Dad asked and I playfully rolled my eyes. "Dad Fred, Fred my father," I said.

"Nice to meet you, I'll see you Monday?" Fred asked and I nod. "Text me," I said he nod walking away as dad helped me in the car. "These babies are heavy dad," I said he smiled and give me milkshake I smiled thanking him. "Where's Apollo?" I asked. "at the shop I'm taking you there he's a little busy today," he said and I nod.

He drove with one hand and rubbed my belly with the other rolling my eyes. I'm so tired of people touching my fucking stomach. Getting to the shop dad opened the door for me. I kissed his cheek thanking him and wobbled inside.

James was by the door he smiled at me. I hugged him we've gotten really close. He's so funny and I actually very smart. He got like a masters in engineering and you would never guess. Because he acts so stupid most time. "Hey sister how you feel?" He asked me. "These twins are kicking my ass!" I said making him laugh.

Walking up to my husband I kissed him. "How was class baby?" He asked. "It was okay," I said sitting next to him "thanks max," I said since he bought me a chair. Drinking my shake I glanced around the shop. Everyone just looking at me "what y'all looking at me for?" I asked them.

"They want to keep talking shit. But they shy cause you walked in," James said and I smiled. "Help me up baby I'll wait in your office", I said Apollo helped me out the seat. We both went to his office. "I got two more heads baby. You'll be okay?" He asked I nod and he peaked my lips.

I took the book out my bag that I was reading and started. The door was opened and I read in quiet while drinking my shake. When the office door closed looking at Logan I frown. "Hi?" I asked glancing at my phone that's on the desk.

"Melody," he said and I nod "why is the door closed?" I asked him. "I just wanted to see how you doing" he said and I hmm putting my hands in my lap.

"I'm doing fine how are you?" I asked reaching slowly for the gun Apollo keeps in his draw. "You're glowing. Marriage life has been real good to you huh?" He asked and I nod. "It has," I bringing the gun to my lap holding it. I feel uncomfortable "we can have this conversation with the door open," I stated. "Why? If it was James would you need me to open the door?" He asked. "James wouldn't had closed it in the first place." I stated.

Then Apollo walked in looking at both of us. "What's going on?" He asked standing in front of Logan. He glanced at me and his whole demeanor changed. I can see his protective side taking over. Apollo touched his back I know he was looking for his gun. "Get the fuck out before I put you in the hospital!" Apollo said Logan raised his hands then left and Apollo closed and locked the door.

He came over to me and I rest the gun on the desk then started crying. He kneeled in front of me "shh baby you're safe," he said and I nod. "I don't like him here Apollo I don't like the feeling I just had." I told him crying still. "Shhh it's okay baby I'll handle it," he said looking in his eyes I know Apollo like back of my hand.

"Don't kill him," I said and his face went hard. "Melody," he started and I cut him off "promise me you won't kill him," I whispered. "I can't make that promise. I told you before i'll lay someone out behind you. I mean that with my entire soul and if he wants to be threat then he has to be eliminated." He said and I sighed. 

"I will do whatever it takes to protect my family within reason. If the only way being to take him out I will and I won't even flinch!" He said wiping my tears away. "I don't feel comfortable with him around," I said. "I will take care of it," he said kissing me all over my face.

"Come on let's go get you something to eat," he said helping me up. He took his gun and placed it on his back. We left he got me food and we put in for concealed to carry permit. We told our parents about everything that happened. And they all agreed until the babies are born I'll have someone with me always.