Nine

Ace/Apollo's Pov

I'm at home in my living room getting shit together because Melody and I leave tonight. We're going to be gone for over a week so I'm handling some business. "Okay Logan make sure you at store A and James at store B," I said they both nod. "Max make sure you go to the bank do not leave cash in the store for over two days," I said and they nod.

"The plumber supposed to come and check out store B on Wednesday," I said looking at James as he writes it down. Melody walks in handing everyone a beer. Then came back out with curry chicken white rice, plantain, and bake macaroni.

It's left over from what she cooked for me yesterday. She made enough because she knew the guys were coming over today. Giving everyone a plate and I notice how Logan would just stare at her. She smiled then pecked my lips. "Let me know if y'all need anything," she said walking off.

But my eyes was on Logan I don't care if he looks at her. Once she isn't uncomfortable and he doesn't touch her. But I'm still watching I don't play that shit. "I think that's it any questions y'all can call me," I said. Turning the tv on as we ate I all heard was. "Hmm, mmm," making me laugh.

"Y'all fucking that shit up huh," and they laughed. "Man shut up this better then that Jamaican restaurant," max said. "Anymore left," James added making me roll my eyes.

"Nigga you fake as hell you ain't tell us she can cook like this. Keeping all that food to yourself," Max said making me laugh. "She doesn't cook like that. She cook for the first time like six weeks ago. This is the fourth time she's cooked for me," I said and kept eating.

They all talked and watched tv I heard Melody come back downstairs. But my eyes went right to Logan who positioned his body. To watch her walk to the kitchen. Nodding slightly to myself Logan isn't a hateful person. Nor has he ever been a jealous person. But I've never seen him do that with Max's wife. Or any woman James been seeing.

So why is he watching mine so hard. I don't say anything I just observe. "Hey do you guys want some cookies!" Melody called out from the kitchen. "Yeah baby bring some out please," I yelled back.

Five minutes later she came out with these baggies of cookies. "Okay I give you two of each flavor. There's s'mores, chocolate chip and strawberry cheesecake," she handing it to them taking everyone plates in the kitchen. Two at a time then taking the empty beer bottles bringing back water bottles.

"I ran the dishwasher baby and packed the cookies for your mom. Please don't let me leave them," she said and I nod. "I got you ma go take a nap you been on you feet all day," I told her. She sighed and kissed my head "see y'all when we come back," she said to the guys.

They all told her see her later but Logan still watched her walk away.

"Lauren wants to meet her by the way," Max said and I laughed. "Ooh those two will be an issue," James said laughing. "Lauren going to love her," Max said. "But Lauren and Sarah hate each other," James said. "My wife don't deal with little girl," Max said making Logan and I laugh. "Melody is younger then Sarah," James said.

"In age maybe but mind set she's a grown a woman. Your girl thirty and still act like a child," Max said making James huff knowing it's true. "I can't be with no woman who can't communicate. I too old for that shit when I ask you what's wrong tell me. When I do something you don't like tell me," Max added.

"Didn't Melody like run ignored you for like a week when y'all first started talking. Because she was afraid of liking you?" Logan said making me frown. "She did. It was three days and I told her we grown that's not how we handle things. She never did it again we have a very open relationship. There's nothing much I don't tell her and vice versa," I said.

Which is true we've been together about five months. We know a lot about each other I've told her things I haven't told the guys. There's not much we hide from each other.

We chill for a while before the guys left. It's only like four in the afternoon our. Our flight it at eight so I'm waking melody up. "Come on ma let's take a shower then get dressed," I told her picking her up. We took a quick shower before getting dressed. We both wore sweat suits. Which is our airport outfits because it gets cold. Melody let her hair down and I put our bags in the Uber. Which is one medium suitcase and two carry ons.

I made sure to pack the cookies and we left. Getting to the airport everything was easy. We talked for the remainder of the time before our plane board.

It was only a two hour flight and my brother picked us up. Rjay is my older brother but he fucking pisses me off. Thirty five no job living with my parents because I pay all their bills.

My dad works he do a little plumbing on the side. But that's spending money for him and ma. "Hey little brother," he said grabbing the bag. I nod "this is Melody," I said and he looked at her and licked his lips. "I know mom has been showing her pictures everywhere. Talking about her daughter in law," Melody blush slightly and I laughed.

"Come on before ma beat us," he said. Getting in the car I opened the door for her. We drove to the house i bought it when they moved here about three years ago.

They were going to stay in an apartment but I couldn't allow that. So I got a house so they can be comfortable. As soon as we got there mama was by the back door taking Melody out the car.

"Your so freaky pretty! Honey look, look how pretty she is. It wasn't just that filter crap them little girls be using," she said and melody laughed "thank you," mama was ushering Melody inside the house. Dad shook his head "that's your mothers girlfriend now," he said and I huff.