Twenty six

Melody's Pov

At work it's a slow night I'm reading a book. I already did everything it's one in the morning and I'm bored. The bell rang I put my book down then rolled my eyes. "Are you stalking me Moses?" I asked and he smiled sitting across from me.

"Nope I just came to eat," he said and I hmm. I hand him a menu he's looking over it. "I'll have a burger and fries with a coke for here," he said and I hmm. Getting up I took it to the kitchen.

Going to sit back down "whew Pride and Prejudice that's my moms favorite movie," he said and I smiled. "Mine too. But the book is better," I told him. "Really I'll have to buy it for her," he told me and I hmm. Looking back at my book "why you acting like you don't want to talk to me?" He asked and I frown.

"Moses what are you talking about?" I asked him. "Every time I come here you blow me off," he said making me frown. "Not intentionally. I just don't want to be mixed up in a bunch of drama you know. Everyone know you and Apollo don't like each other. My name will be everywhere if someone see us just sitting here talking," I said rubbing my forehead.

"Yeah I know a lot of people who don't want see y'all together. Mostly girls thoo I got cousin who want fight you so bad," he said and I laughed. "Thing is I didn't even know who Ace was when I met him. And people hate me for him," I said he shook his head.

"Yeah I know you didn't know I've seen you around though. You don't really be paying attention to your surroundings," he said making laugh. "I be in my own little world," I told him.

Getting up to get his food sitting it in front of him. "I've noticed, I like that about you," he said and I made a face. "Not like that. You were right when I first came here it was because I wanted to fuck with Ace. But you cool people so can we just be friends?" He asked I thought about it.

"No funny business," I said pointing my finger at him and he nod yes.  I smiled "okay friends," I said we spoke for a bit while he ate. "So when the wedding?" He asked. I sighed shrugging. "I don't know our moms planning it. I'll just show up for the fittings and the wedding I'll be there," I said and he laughed.

"Yeah his mom is like that. When we were younger she planned all our dances," he said making me laugh. "I think I saw a picture of you when we went to visit them. In yall Jay Z era," I said said and his eyes widen making me laugh.

"Ooh God no!" He said and I laughed harder. "Y'all was cute thoo you wanted Kelly and he got Beyoncé?" I said and he snorted.

"I can't believe she still have that picture," he said shaking his head. "That's memories why wouldn't she?" I asked. "Ace and I haven't been friends in a long time," he said and I hmm. "You miss him don't you?" I asked. "I'm a grown man I..." I raised an eyebrow. "He was like my brother," he told me

"I'm sure if y'all talked about it y'all should be fine," I said looking at him. "He fucked my fiancée!" He deadpanned "you fucked his girlfriend," I said and he sighed. "Sounds to me like y'all let sis play y'all against each other. Now you both lost your best friend for some friendly pussy," I said he looked at me for a while then laughed at me.

"Are you always so blunt?" He asked and I shook my head no. "No but that's how I have to talk to Apollo. So I'm guessing I have to speak to you the same way. The only way y'all understand," I said making him chuckled.

"I swear you are prefect for him," he said making me smiled. "I would hope why would I marry someone I'm not perfect for," I asked him. "You know when they told me Ace was engaged I didn't believe them. I didn't know it was you when I first saw you," he said and I hmm.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked and I nod. "Are you really crazy?" He asked and I made a face. "I have some angry issue that I take medication for. I'm not crazy," I told him and he nod. He looked at the time "it's late I'll see you later," he said and I nod. He paid then walked out. Picking up the money what was he left seventy five dollar tip. I split it with my cook. Cleaned up and waited for Apollo to come get me.

My relief came then Apollo I packed up. And we left "how was your night baby?" He asked me "it was okay Moses stopped by we spoke for a while," I said and I watched his hand tighten on the steering wheel.

"What y'all talk about," he asked me "the wedding, life, you," I said glancing towards him.

"What about me?" He asked not looking at me. "He missed you," I said and I watch his face soften. He cleared his throat "I cooked," he said changing the subject I let him. "Really? What you cook?" I asked him and he cleared his throat. "Steak, mash potatoes and asparagus," he said

"My baby cooked for me?" I asked and he smiled. "Maybe," he said and I laughed. When we got home I took a hot shower then going downstairs I sat at the table. And smiled when the plate was put in front me. Tasting it I smiled "this delicious baby thank you," I told him and he beamed.

I licked my lips "Texas Roadhouse?" I asked and his smiled dropped making me laugh. "How did you know?" He asked. "The baby sticking out the trash stupid!" I said laughed making him pout.

"Ya try to do something for the woman you love and this the thanks you get," he said laughing pushing the bag in trash. I got up and hugged him kissing him. "It was a great gesture my love," I told him letting him kissing down my neck.

Putting my on the dining room table and opening my robe. "Hmm you think that funny?" He asked biting my neck making me moan. "Yes?" I asked laughing until he entered me. "Aht Aht Aht where the joke is now?," he said and I rolled my eyes giggling a bit "still you!" I said kissing him.