59: Middle-aged Man

Start from the beginning

  They carried the three people to the middle man and left them alone.

  The middle-aged man squatted down, looked at Brother Duan and asked, "What animal attacked you? Do you remember where you were attacked?"

  Brother Duan heard him ask, and he shouted as if he was grasping at straws: "Cat! It's a cat!"

  "No, not only, but also dogs!"

  "Kill them! Let's go kill them, okay?!"

  "Yes, kill them!"

  "So many cats and dogs, so much meat!"

  The middle-aged man frowned and kicked Brother Duan away. He looked at the two men who were wailing on the ground and did not follow Brother Duan's shouts.

  "You want to kill them too?"

  Those two men knew the middle-aged man a little better than Brother Duan. They knew that the other man was a dog lover before the end of the world. They sobbed and shook their heads and did not dare to say anything.

  The middle-aged man smiled and asked again: "Do you know where you were attacked?"

  The two of them shook their heads in fear at first, then remembered some of the ways of the man in front of them when they were outside, and nodded again and again.

  "Okay." He straightened up, "Come and take me to meet those little guys."

  Hearing this, the two wailing people on the ground shook their heads repeatedly. Even Brother Duan noticed something was wrong and closed his mouth.

  Seeing them like this, the middle-aged man wanted to smoke irritably.

  He licked his dry lips, pulled off a piece that seemed to have less damage, and said to the others: "I'll go up and take a look. You continue to work here."

  "Uncle, can I go with you?"

  A young man was worried about the middle-aged man's safety and stepped forward, holding a sharp machete in his hand.

  The middle-aged man glanced at him with disgust and said, "Where are you going? I'm just working here, and the whole family is waiting for firewood to save their lives."

  Seeing his hesitation, the middle-aged man added: "Okay, I know what's going on. I'll learn from other people's caution."

  "oh."

  The middle-aged man kicked the reluctant guy twice and walked up the mountain. Yaya, who followed the three people down the mountain, had already rushed back to the mountain to talk to Aisen about the matter.

  --------

  All the way up the mountain, I didn't see any aggressive cats or dogs. It wasn't until I was almost at the end of the bamboo forest and the tall pine trees appeared in my sight that the middle-aged man saw the cats and dogs squatting side by side in a line.

  The big cat in the middle looks like a cat from Russia. Its body structure is not much different from that of the dog next to it. Its face is serious. I don't know if it is just a fierce look or if it is a deliberately fierce look.

  Thinking of this, the middle-aged man couldn't help but chuckle. Cats would never deliberately make a fierce face towards strangers. When they are unfriendly to strangers, they will just explode and slap the ground with their fur.

  There were fifteen cats and dogs in this row, large and small. The middle-aged man also saw many smaller cats and dogs behind them, poking their heads. Each one was in particularly good spirits and had thick hair. Clean and tidy.

  In order to show his kindness, he kicked the man next to him again and said: "Get out of here, we don't need you anymore!"

  The man wanted to stay away from the cats and dogs in front of him, so he rolled down the mountain.

  Watching the man go down the mountain, Yaya took two steps forward at Aisen's signal.

  The middle-aged man touched his chin and asked curiously: "Are you a diplomat sent by them?"

  Yaya could only understand some daily human language. She didn't know what the diplomat meant, so she tilted her head and looked at the middle-aged man.

  Regardless of whether this trick is used before or after the apocalypse, once it is used, humans with good intentions towards them will not be able to resist it.

  The middle-aged man laughed again, coughed twice, and stopped subconsciously touching the cigarette when he touched his empty pocket.

  He simply stopped not far from the kitten and said: "I don't know if you can understand it. Seeing how clever you are, I think you have become more powerful after the apocalypse. You can understand it."

  He fumbled in his pockets and pulled out a wallet.

  There was no money in the wallet, so the man took out a stack of photos and showed the top one to Yaya.

  "This is my dog, his name is Sui Sui. He went into the mountains and never came back."

 The author has something to say:

  Even though the middle-aged man is inconspicuous now, he is an important supporting role in the plot later.