25: Journey

The big dog German Shepherd also comes here to listen to the gossip.

  He joined Hutch's team before last winter. At that time, the black cat had left Hutch's territory for a while. By the time it came over, the black cat had already organized a team that was a mixture of cats and dogs.

  The excitement in the back grew louder, Hutch winked and bumped into the big black cat, and was slapped down by the big black cat's flesh pad.

  As the sky gradually darkened, the black cat shouted towards the back, signaling alertness.

  A group of cats and dogs quickly returned to their respective places, and the black cat took the lead to speed up and headed forward. They went down halfway up the mountain and walked around the mountain to the other side.

  Just halfway down the mountain, the city scenery appeared in their sight.

  Even in the past difficult six months, the brightly lit city has returned to the embrace of darkness, and those tall steel forests have now collapsed.

  Under the bright moonlight, Xu Ning saw a wide and long crack in the city that directly divided the city into two halves. Countless small cracks spread out from the big crack, like the branches of a tree. .

  There are only scattered lights on the ruins of the city, probably the lights set by individual survivors. In a place close to them, tents have been erected, perhaps from the army that was said to be coming.

  Xu Ning looked at the land under his paws, at the few crooked trees on the mountain, and at the ruins of the city below where millions of people were buried.

  The intelligence suppressed by the cub's instinct briefly returns to the brain.

  Is this earthquake targeting human cities?

  This is a question that has no conclusion yet. Maybe it can get the answer when it sees what the next city looks like.

  Xu Ning was the only one who had this idea. When the other animals saw this scene, they just chattered about how lucky they were that they ran away early.

  The current appearance of the city overturned this group of small animals' impression of it. They looked at it for a long time before starting their escape journey again.

  The feeling of driving in the mountains is completely different from that of driving on the plains. Small things that run out from time to time can attract their attention. When Xu Ning once again held down a bug and stood up, he suddenly found that the uncomfortable feeling in his chest had disappeared. disappear completely.

  The purifying power of nature seems to have purified away the depression in its heart.

  Black Cat and Hutch both had surprisingly good sense of direction. They took turns leading the way, and none of the cats or dogs behind them stopped.

  We walked all the way for six or seven days and stopped at a big mountain.

  This mountain is very high, and there are several hills blocking it in front. Humans will not easily come here. There are better places further ahead, but the further you go into the mountains, the more powerful the animals you encounter will become. If they continue further, they may have to change from predators to prey.

  "Group two by two, go out and look for any caves where you can rest. Don't go too far. Come back in time for hunting."

  The black cat stopped and warned the cat and dog behind him.