Part 40 (Epilogue)

The pearl white snow flakes made their way down the terrace of the beautifully decorated house through the chilly cold evening. Even with the closed doors and windows you can hear the enthusiastic loud voices echoing inside the living room. Off course, it was Christmas after all.

From the loud cheers coming from inside denotes a very special occasion besides Christmas. It was the birthday of a little boy named Soobin- Kim Jeon Soobin who turned 5 today.

It's been 8 years since Namjoon and Jungkook took their wedding vows and trust me, they stuck by those vows through every thick and thin situation. Jungkook found his happiness in Namjoon and Namjoon found his peace in Jungkook. They couldn't be happier.

Jungkook got the treatment from USA and Namjoon held his hand tightly along the painful journey. At the end, he won. He actually got his freedom from the walking stick that was latched to his life like a reminder of his dark past for many years. It will be unrealistic to say he started running right away. He still cannot match the pace of a fast runner, but he is doing far better now. The treatment continued for 2 years when he had to travel back and forth. Namjoon made it easier for him being there with him in every little step. Namjoon being a novelist didn't have to go to office as he could work even being in other country, but unfortunately Jungkook had to take a leave of absence for a long duration. He missed his work but he needs to fight for a better health.

After the treatment was completed, they were visiting Namjoon's farm house where they got married for Christmas. They arranged a party there for their families. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door but no one could be found. Only a basket was placed on the porch which was holding a tiny baby boy covered in quilt. He was immediately taken to paediatric hospital for check up from where police was contacted as there was no identification of the baby.

As no one claimed to be the biological parents of the baby within next 1 month, Namjoon was able to apply for the legal adoption of the baby along with his husband Jungkook who had his parental instinct triggered once he took the baby in his arms. Finally their family seemed complete.

As they found Soobin on Christmas, they have been celebrating his birthday on that day itself. So today is his birthday which is being celebrated in Namjoon and Jungkook's house in Seoul. It's a small get together.

After retirement, Yoongi and Jimin often goes on trips accompanied by Holly if they gets the permission to travel with her. They often invite Yuri and Junghoon with them. Hoseok and Taehyung is quite busy with their work and Hwan who is going to step into teenage in few months. Hwan loves Soobin like his own younger brother. Eunwoo and Ka-Young shifted back to Seoul and often visits Namkook, Jungkook has no feelings for his best friend anymore, still Namjoon gets jealous sometimes as he is not ready to share his precious husband with anyone. Sang-woo has retired and his son Sehun took the position. Admiration towards Namjoon's work is the common thing between the father and son.

Jungkook is currently working in an institution where specially abled candidates are trained for para olympics. He feels like this is his giving back to the world that gave him a second chance in life. Namjoon recently won a prestigious award and his writing is getting published every year each of which has millions of turnover. But this year he is planning to release his book on 1st January.

The day after Christmas is the most hectic day in Namkook household as they need to clean the house after previous day's party and also kind of preparation for new year. On such day, Jungkook woke up alone in the bed which was really rare as he would mostly wake up in the strong arms of a giant man who claims to be his husband. He got up from the bed with a familiar pain in his lower portion and dressed in only a large hoodie that belongs to Namjoon. This reminded him of the late night session they had and his face turned red in a moment.

After completing his morning routine, he went to the kitchen where he found a giant man and a tiny human were in the process of destroying his entire kitchen. "What are you guys doing in my kitchen?????" He yelled at the two figures who flinched at the loud yelling.

"Nothing baby"
"Nothing appa"

They both replied in unison. "I can see what nothing you are doing. It looks like a tsunami hit my kitchen." "Sorry baby, we were trying to make breakfast for you. Isn't it Binnie?" Little Soobin nodded his head in fast speed to support Namjoon's claim. "Yes appa, dad and I was making your favourite banana oatmeal pancakes. But the pancakes jumped out of the pan." He said making a cute pout to which Jungkook could only coo.

This is the life Jungkook has dreamt of and now he is finally living it. He picked up Soobin in his arms and kissed his child's cheeks. Suddenly he felt a hand wrapped around his waist and another around Soobin. He just leaned in to the touch.

The vacation was passing really fast and it was 1st January already. Namjoon was requested to go up to the podium and say something about his new book that was being launched on the same day. It was a press conference arranged by the publishing house where reporters from several television channels and magazines were present. It was a grand one because for the first time Namjoon decided to attend the conference himself rather than just using his pseudo name. Rapmon.

"Thank you for this opportunity to Sehun-shi and Sang-woo shi to acknowledge my work. I've always tried to express thoughts of people through my writing. Their pain, suffering, anger, happiness, love, emotions have been the primary subject of my work. But today I am going to express my own life through his book.

My life has not been quite a happy one since many years. But one day by an insane stroke of fate I met someone. That someone changed my life. He gave me the strength to fight my inner demons, the courage to smile again, the power to express my raw emotions, the peace to love and feel loved again.

I was too busy to write in disguise to hide my true self because I let darkness engulf my life. But now I realise that I got love, happiness, a complete family when I searched for light." He said pointing to the front row seat where Jungkook was sitting with Soobin on his lap who was not understanding a single word but kept clapping with his little hands for his dad.

"You are my light, my hope, my everything. I was searching for you while I was searching for the light!"

Namjoon rushed to Jungkook and Soobin and held them tight to his chest followed by a soft kiss on his Jungkook's lips and on Soobin's head. The entire audience clapped cheerfully with tears in their eyes to witness this beautiful family.

———————————❤️❤️❤️——————————

Searching for the light (Namkook)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara