Part 33

It was a foggy night and the chirping of the crickets was the only audible sound. The road was damp due to the mists. A running boy was panting hard but didn't stop on his way. It was evident his body cannot keep up anymore. After a few steps, he stumbled upon a bumper on the middle of the road. A huge dark shadow hovered over the boy who got engulfed in that shadow vanishing his existence.

"Jungkook!!!!!" A ear splitting voice screamed out at the middle of the night. Sweat drenched t-shirt in an air conditioned room was definitely not a normal occurrence. A deep gulf followed by rubbing of eyes with fingers made Namjoon realise it was just a nightmare.

It has been months since he had a nightmare. But why are they back again? That was the only question revolving in his head. Above all, it was about Jungkook. Is it some indication that Jungkook is gonna leave him too? Will the history be repeated???? Namjoon sighed out in frustration. He is still affected by the heart wrenching nightmare he just had. He wants only one thing right now- to hear Jungkook's voice, to ensure he is fine, to feel his humming tone.

Finding the phone under his pillow, Namjoon checked the time was 2:30 am. Still he didn't hesitate. After two rings, a sleepy voice answered, "Namjoon! What's wrong? Is everything okay?" "Please don't leave me Jungkook. I beg of you, please!!" To Namjoon, it felt like this is the last anchor of his life that he is holding on to tightly. This completely threw away the remaining sleepiness of the man over the phone.

"Namjoon relax! I'm not going anywhere. Just tell me what's wrong." "Don't go anywhere. Just stay with me. I cannot live without you." The most vulnerable state of Namjoon was exposed. Jungkook couldn't believe his ears. The level of desperation to not let go of Jungkook in his tone was too conspicuous. But to ask further on this right now won't help to ease Namjoon. So he said, "How about you tell me everything tomorrow when we meet and now let's just try to get you to sleep."

Listening to the younger's sweet assurance, the older overcame his fear to some extent. He was breathing normal now. "Okay, could you please just stay on the line for some time?" "I will. Let's talk about music. What genre you like the most?-" Jungkook continued and Namjoon finally felt relaxed at the voice that sounded like lullaby to his ears. Slowly, he dozed off. Jungkook realised when no response was sent from the other end. Smiling to himself, he cut the call and after saying a small good night.

From morning till evening in the next day, Jungkook kept smiling like a fool recalling how desperately Namjoon just wanted him to stay in his life.

When the clock struck 4:30, Jungkook was getting too eager to meet the man who just expressed weak side last night. Coming outside the front gate, he was quick to spot the familiar white Volkswagen. His mood dropped down a little as there was no one waiting outside the car to escort him today. Pushing the walking stick forward, Jungkook reached the car door of the passenger's seat and knocked on the glass window. The door was unlocked from inside and Jungkoook got inside with some difficulty as he was not getting sufficient support to drag himself inside the car.

While inside the car, Jungkook's eyes widened when he found himself caged in a man's embrace who was trying to sniff his scent. Namjoon was roaming his nose on his left shoulder with the hope of inhaling as much as possible. After about a minute, Namjoon pulled out of the embrace with his eyes still closed. When he opened his eyes, the view took his breath away. Jungkook had his eyes closed, cheeks turned red and the same red hue was spread across his button nose too. The silence was testing Namjoon's patience.

Gradually Namjoon leaned closer and pulled Jungkook by his right hand on the younger's torso. Suddenly Jungkook felt a pair of chapped lips on his glossy ones. It felt rough yet warm, new yet comfortable. This is the first kiss he dreamt of. He has been waiting for this special moment his entire teenage years but never got to experience. With time, his desire died down but today this unexpected special moment showed his heart millions of suppressed emotions. He didn't know how to react but he just melted in the kiss. Namjoon didn't have any intention to go for an intense kiss, rather he wanted to just feel the person with all his heart.

Withdrawing his lips from Jungkook's, "I love you Jungkook! I'm so in love with you! It took me some time to realise but I just want to be with you till time ends. I promise to be the person you deserve. Please don't leave me."

Jungkook opened his eyes and without saying anything he hugged Namjoon tight with his arms around the elder's neck. Resting his head on Namjoon's chest, he started to weep. The other man got worried and kissed on his head moving his hands up and down over the younger's lean back.

"I love you too Namjoon. I've loved you since the day you wanted to be friends with me. I thought you were just pitying me but even if so, I couldn't control myself from loving you. I don't want you to leave my side ever. I just want to stay like this." Jungkook said in between his weeps.

Namjoon lifted Jungkook's face and smiled with love and adoration. "Maybe we should make a promise to never let go of each other no matter what circumstances we get into. And I want to talk to you about my past. I think I'm finally brave enough to face it." Jungkook took his hands away from the other man's neck and started caressing his shoulders instead.

"I'm all ears. I promise we will defeat the demons of your traumatic past together." He got pulled in for another sweet kiss on the lips.