Part 19

Jungkook came out of the shower and taking support of the nearby wall he reached up to his bed and sat down. Yuri entered the room with a plate of cookies in her right hand and her left hand holding a cup of herbal tea. She inspected her son's facial expression attentively which didn't look like normal days. Putting the food items on the nightstand, she sat next to him and taking a fresh towel from the drawer, started to pat his hair dry.

Soft sniffling sound reached the mother's ears which broke her heart into pieces. Turning Kookie's face to her direction with the grip of her right thumb and index finger, she saw the uncontrollable tears streaming down his cheeks. She immediately wrapped her arms around him resting his head on her shoulder and patting his back. A mother's heart understands everything. In next few moments, the sniffles turned into loud sobs.

Yuri was always aware of the hidden feelings her Kookie had for Eunwoo. She never made him uncomfortable asking about it. Getting the information from Jungkook about Eunwoo coming to Busan the upcoming weekend, she knew the fragile boy is not doing okay. This was clearly not the right time to ask about Namjoon.

After about five minutes she spoke out, "It's okay sweetie, you can tell me all you want." The loud sobs stopped and Yuri pulled out wiping Jungkook's cheeks which were drenched in tears. Kookie looked down at the floor and started, "This is about Eunwoo. Isn't it?" She got a small nod from the other. "I was doing fine eomma. All these years, him living happily with his wife in a foreign country helped me to move on. Why is he coming back when he has no intention of staying here?! I don't want to face him."

"You just said you have moved on from him sweetie. Are you sure Eunwoo is the reason why you are sad?" Kookie was taken aback by the question. Is his eomma feeling the same that he is scared to admit?" This has been bothering him for last few days. In his latent thoughts, he has the answer.

Someone's presence for few minutes made him feel hopeful to have real happiness for the first time in life. But the absence made it more hurtful. It was no more about Eunwoo or the unexpressed love. It was about Namjoon. They hardly spent an hour on their date last Sunday but it managed to bring a pool of mixed emotions inside Jungkook's heart.

His silence made it clear to Yuri and no further inquiry was made. Inside, she just prayed to whoever almighty is listening to bring love and happiness in her son's life. Maybe it should be left to the hands of the almighty. Who knows what future holds?!!