Part 12

The gym locker room was filled with loud yelling and curse words thrown at a small figured 11 years old boy. His red eyes, tear strained puffy cheeks and reddish tint nose were the proof of the bullying he had to face on daily basis just because he came out as a gay person. The boy who was once praised by all students and teachers for his hard work and success in sports field, was the subject of mockery and abuse to the same people.

"Leave him you fuckers!" Saying this the shorter boy started threw both his fists in the direction of the mob to punch them earning nothing but laughter as those punches barely hit anyone due to their stronger build. The boy rushed to the crying boy and pulled him out of the the locker room by his hands. "Come on Jk, you don't need to hear their shit. They are making fun of you because they were always behind you in field. This is the chance they were looking fir to pull you down." Saying this he wiped off the tears from the Jungkook's cheeks and gave him a tight hug saying, "You have to be strong Jk, you need to fight for yourself. I might not be always there to protect you." " Don't ever leave my side Eun, they are so mean to me!" "I won't silly!"

The friendship that the boys shared was selfless. Both have been there for each other since 1st grade. They would even have sleepovers at their houses and their parents knew each other too. They were - what we call as best friends forever. Eunwoo would protect Jungkook from the bullies while Jungkook would always help Eunwoo with his studies. In a nutshell, they made a great team. Just the presence of each other made their lives better. But with time, little Jk started developing feelings for his Eun which ruined their friendship gradually.

Eunwoo was oblivious of the other boy's feelings being a straight person. Unknowingly he hurt his best friend whenever he used to talk about his crush who later became his girlfriend. He shared  the news of their first kiss with excitement which didn't let Jungkook sleep for days as he only kept crying in silence. The sleepovers and weekend gaming plans were replaced by the movie plans and dinner dates that Eunwoo would plan with his girlfriend. This left his best friend lonely and heartbroken. To be honest, Jungkook didn't have any other friend. He kept himself busy with his studies and sports practice. Slowly he was trying to move on from this one sided love. But that one accident took away all his dreams and hope from his life.