Part 14

The weird noise of the air conditioning was the only sound that could be heard in the otherwise pin drop silent room. A man in his early 60s took the glass of water in his left hand and taking a sip he messily put it back on the wooden coster causing it to spill a little on the glass table. His gaze was fixated on his laptop.

Kwon Sang-woo was the owner of an eminent publishing house where Namjoon used to work as an editor after completion of his higher studies. Later, he became one of the most recognised authors. Sang-woo have been a constant guide to the young writer since initial days of his career. He has witnessed almost all highs and lows of Rapmon's life but always stayed out of his personal matters. He was well aware of the fact that Namjoon will never write a rom-com novel as he already requested him several times in the past years. The reason was not unknown to Mr. Kwon. He was the one of the closest people in Namjoon's life who saw how whipped the young man was for his love. 

"Seokjin! You used his name??!!" Sang-woo couldn't hold his calmness anymore. He needs to know what made his most favourite writer write this incredible romantic comedy novel that was completed in just 5 days. It was next to impossible to presume. His question got answered by a small nod from Namjoon. 

"Then why didn't you use your name as the other lead character? I know some people got to know about your actual name but no one knows you by your face." "I just want people to know about Seokjin, not Namjoon. I want readers' undivided attention on him only." Sang-woo understood. But what made him write this, is still unclear to him. Gaining a lot of nerve, he asked, "Will you be comfortable to share with me the reason you decided to write this?" "Do you like it?" "It's marvellous Joon!! You have no idea how crazy the readers will get after reading this. It's sweet, salty, spicy with a tangy essence. It's everything we need for the current market."

Namjoon said laughing a little, "Are you spending a lot of time in kitchen these days? It seems like you have mastered the taste of all spices." "Make fun of this old man, but this old man knows the readers a bit too well." The said old man scoffed jokingly. 

"You didn't answer my question. What made you write this?" "Hiding myself won't make it easier for me to move on." Sang-woo didn't get what the younger meant but he nodded anyway as he didn't want to breach the boundary of privacy.