Part 26

Pacing back and forth near the entrance of the school parking lot, Namjoon was going through severe stage of anxiety, at least that's what his increased heart rate, restlessness and sweating palms signalled. Once he put his hands inside side pockets of the denim jacket he was wearing  and pulling them out in the next instance. He was dying out of nervousness.

Amongst all these intense feelings, he felt calm when his eyes fell on a certain person who was approaching towards his direction wearing formal off-white shirt tucked in grey trousers. The walking stick in his right hand was providing necessary support to the left leg. This is the first time Namjoon noticed carefully that Jungkook had disability in his left side. It took quite some effort to push his left leg forward. The accident might have been devastating for the teenage boy who had to go through all that. Namjoon was deep in his thoughts when a soft and sweet voice was heard.

"Namjoon-shi, Taehyung-shi said you wanted to see me." Why his voice sounds sweeter than how it sounded the first time they met? Why does he resemble a cute bunny? The answer is- he always was this charming, but Namjoon's eyes couldn't catch it as his heart was covered by the blanket of his past.

"Yes Jungkook. Sorry to bother you like this. And please let me remind you to call me Namjoon." A soft smile was diplayed in the said person's face. That smile for sure did a flip in the elder's heart. "I felt like we started on the wrong foot. I hope you would understand I was not in my right mindset that day. Maybe I should have listened to your side of the story before dumping my bucket of complaints." Jungkook was confused.

"I respect your decision Namjoon. I don't have any hard feelings for your straightforwardness, rather I'm glad you didn't keep me hanging on." A pile of regret took over Namjoon. Now Jungkook thinks he was clear on his decision rejecting the proposal. But he still wants to see Jungkook.

"Can we be friends please?" Namjoon asked with sheer hope in his eyes that was not overlooked by Jungkook. His heart already admitted how it longs to have a glance of Namjoon some day.

"But I don't have friends. As you know I'm not the kind to hang out. I am dependent on my parents even for small things. I don't want to embarrass you or myself." Jungkook said looking down fiddling his fingers. Namjoon felt a pang in his chest. How can such a sweet person be a subject of embarrassment! He realised the insecurities Jungkook was harbouring inside the strong personality.

"You are not an embarrassment Jungkook. You are so strong." "You don't need to console me Namjoon. I know the reason behind you stepping away from the marriage proposal was my disability. It was really foolish of my family to think I can be a match for someone so successful like you." Tears almost brimming out of his big doe eyes that Namjoon felt like bright jewels twinkling in the light.